FRINGE--Final Season.THE Final Fight/Liberty & An Enemy of Fate#12 & 13

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
LIberty
To penetrate the Observers' headquarters and rescue Michael, their only hope for victory, Olivia must use her abilities and meet with some old friends.

An Enemy of Fate
Will Earth stand or fall?

Fringe

Attachments

• fringe_comic_con_s5-thumb-550x366-96013.jpg
    fringe_comic_con_s5-thumb-550x366-96013.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 63

ggroy

First Post
"Liberty" was somewhat predictable,
after Michael was taken by the observers at the end of last week's episode.

The final end result of "An Enemy of Fate" was kinda predictable too,
but the intermediate stuff during the episode was more surprising and somewhat gut wrenching at times.

Wycen

Explorer
I completely forgot the finale would be 2 hours so missed the first half.

One thing I think I missed while watching the last season, but maybe noticed finally in the last episode was them revisiting old story elements. I missed the episode about why Michael was important so I looked it up on the Fringe wiki and in doing that learned they found Sam, or his body, an element from season 1 and 2. Don't know how he fits into the whole thing since I'm no longer sure if the first one's and their machine "exist" but thanks to that I noticed the butterfly killing scene. I guess the machine exists since the other version of Olivia and that guy were in the final.

ggroy

First Post
I completely forgot the finale would be 2 hours so missed the first half.

One thing I think I missed while watching the last season, but maybe noticed finally in the last episode was them revisiting old story elements. I missed the episode about why Michael was important so I looked it up on the Fringe wiki and in doing that learned they found Sam, or his body, an element from season 1 and 2. Don't know how he fits into the whole thing since I'm no longer sure if the first one's and their machine "exist" but thanks to that I noticed the butterfly killing scene. I guess the machine exists since the other version of Olivia and that guy were in the final.

Quite a few of the season 5 nods to stuff from past seasons, I thought had kind of a "tacked on" feel to them. Stuff like Sam Weiss, the red universe, various biohazards from past cases, Carla Warren, etc ...

It seemed like they made a list of past stuff, and tried to cram it in somewhere during season 5.

Last edited:

Fast Learner

First Post
I enjoyed the callbacks, felt like I was being rewarded as a long-time viewer. A bit of fan service, if you will.

I found the ending to be satisfying. Despite "knowing" better, I still felt crazy tense at the end as the girl was running over to him. Well-played, Fringe people, well played.

Remove ads