Pathfinder 1E [Monster Generator] Open Source Program to Create New Pathfinder Monsters

Mordikenn

First Post
I've designed a program to automatically calculate stats for monsters. It's already completed (in beta) and I've posted it for free on SourceForge here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/monstergenerato/files/

It takes input for a monster's desired type, size, and CR and calculates their hit dice, then lets you spend their attributes, feats, skills, and select their powers. It'll crunch all the numbers for you. Alternatively, you can even randomize parts of a monster or the entire thing.

If you have feedback about it (i.e.-features you'd like to see, bugs, praise, or suggestions for the interface) I'd appreciate hearing about it. As a DM who likes to create a lot of custom content I've personally found it saves me about an hour per monster, which is awesome. It prints the resulting stats in text form so you can easily edit them to your liking (ex- changing fire to cold, or something). I hope you like it!

In case you get stuck, I've made a tutorial video that covers download and using the program. You can check it out here on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2CWaaSTCVw&feature=youtu.be

Monster Generator runs on Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and mac OS X. I haven't tested it on Linux or other OS, but if you have Java 1.6 or higher installed it may run.

Attachments

• MG 097 screenshot01.png
    MG 097 screenshot01.png
    524.4 KB · Views: 292

Jadeite

Open Gaming Enthusiast
Is there any way to change the damage of an attack or add an armor bonus? I tried to use it to convert 3.5 creatures to PF, but it's probably to restrictive for that.

Mordikenn

First Post
Attack damage is scaled based on the monster's size, and they use the default values for a medium creature's claw/ bite/ weapon damage/ etc as a base. You can increase them by taking 'improved attack damage (primary)' which will bump it up one size category for their first attack ( the one that says (secondary) will do it for their second attack).

Damage for special attacks is almost always based on CR, so that a monster's poison/ fire breath/ etc will scale up automatically with CR. There isn't a way to manually modify these short of defining your own custom power (there are instructions on how to do that in the README file).

Currently it doesn't support any way to give the creature an armor bonus, but the monsters in the pathfinder rules tended to just subtract a monster's armor bonus from their natural armor bonus anyway so they ended up with the same AC total. You could modify that in the printed stats by taking (+6 natural) and changing it to (+2 natural, +4 armor) if you'd really like it to be in their stats... but I agree that's a little clunky. I might add a way to put that in the program better.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases