2. Chael, level 10 hybrid Battlemind/Druid, Defender/Leader
3. Alexia Madgearu, level 9 Bard, Leader
4. Malehan level 10 Avenger, Striker
5. Venakhad, level 10 Cleric, Leader
6. kal'Tarron Alrahain, level 10 Avenger, Striker
7. Rohna, level 10 fighter, Defender

[sblock=Expectations and Rules Recap]

EXPECTATIONS AND RULES:

Keep your Player Info Up to Date: Include mini stat blocks in your posts. Mini-stat blocks allow you to keep track of your own healing surges, power usages, acquired items, etc... without having to ask the DM all the time. It's not the end of the world if you forget, but please be sure to include it when you are posting an action block. It also make it easier for me to check basic stats.

Example mini-stats:
[sblock=ministats]
Triggers: Fox's Cunning Trigger - Immediate Reaction to the First Enemy that attacks me in melee
Init: +5 Speed: 5 Perception:22 Insight: 20
AC: 21 F/R/W:17/18/22
HP: 30/61 Surges: 4/8 Surge Value: 15 AP: 1
Languages: Allarian, Imperia, Draconic
Str:8 Dex:14 Wis:14 Con:14 Int:10 Cha:22

Powers:
At Will - Jinx Shot, Cutting Words
Encounter - Second Wind, Fox's Cunning, Twin Strike, Grappling Spirits, Hunter's Quarry, Majestic Word (0/2), Words of Friendship, Chord of Dissonance, Rhyme of the Blood-Seeking Blade, Virtue of Prescience
Daily - Arrow of Ill Omen, Arrow of Warning, Bracers of Archery, Inevitable Shot, Songbow of Vanishment, Warding Arrow

Full Character Sheet
[/sblock]

Passive checks: I will use Perception and Insight and put information in private sblocks for certain players. If you are not one of the intended characters, please do not read these spoilers. The character, however, is welcome to, in character, reveal the contents of the spoiler to the others in game, remember that talking is a free action (but keep in short)

Combat:

Players roll initiative individually, bad guys roll one initiative roll
Players with higher init than bad guys go first then all the bad guys go
Then all the players go. From this point, we alternate players vs bad guys
Good guy turns happen in first post - first acted order.
Illegal post-overs will be resolved in that round
Legal post-overs stand even if each didn't know the other was posting (Please use Go Advanced or Preview Post to avoid this)

*I like KD's idea that players knocked unconscious will have some impact on their turn. Anyone knocked unconscious effectively goes first in the round (meaning rolling death saves, ect). Which means even if healed, you will be missing a round of action.

DM Posts during combat will include:

1. Status of all players, monsters, NPCs etc... indicating Name, Location, HP/MaxHP, State, Healing Surges Left, Action Points left (i.e.:: Arkavas I6 -1/41 Dying HS 0 AP 1).

2. Map in the form of a grid with coordinates
**I'll be using Google Maps, so if you don't have an account, get one. They are free**
Google maps allows everyone to adjust their location on their turn and the power effects. If you have a power that moves, shifts of pushes, make sure you document all those effects in your post. I do not want to have people or monsters magically change without explanations.

3. Enemy Mini Stat Blocks including: Damage taken, bloodied status, aura, effects, status effects and MBA. I like the format where monster defenses are revealed after you target/hit them, so we'll try that first. If you provoke an AoO or a listed power during your turn you can roll the result (it will make less work for the DM and give you a rapid response)

Time: I will try to give players 48 hours to post, at the end of which time I reserve the right to RP the player's character on his behalf. I will use the most appropriate actions and At-Will powers only. I understand life happens and gaming shouldn't be anyone's only priority. Just understand that in the interest of everyone's enjoyment, your character will be moved forward to be in everyone's best interest if time lags too much.

Exceptions: If you will be out for a long time and unable to post, please let the party know and assign responsibility to either myself or another, willing player for RPing your character, or I can write in a scenario that takes you out of the picture until your return (The former is preferred).

Treasure: Keep a wish list on your character sheet up to date with what you would like, and I’ll try to accommodate within reason. Items will be given relative to player level. Parcel Gold/Items will be evenly divided at the end.

I will ask stupid questions about parcel distribution. It doesn't make sense at times, so I will have to get some clarification...

Die Rolling: Roll your dice on Invisible Castle. If invisible castle is down, you can also use the Enworld Dice roller (but please select the SMALLER results in your profile) In IC, highlight the die roll in your post and use the 'Insert Link' button to post a link to your die rolls.

Out of Character Content: Post out of character content (i.e.: complaints, tactics, mechanics, etc...) in a spoiler with the letters 'OOC' in the title or the OOC tag. I prefer as much discussion and conversation to occur in character with possible questions to the DM in ooc format.
[/sblock]

The remainder of the day proves active for the adventurers as they sort the newly acquired loot. Bed comes late for most of the group as they train, study and prepare for the following day. As the adventurers arise, most find themselves rubbing sore muscles and aching bruises from the fight with the shadow troll and his gnoll allies. (Of course, some of less living cease their silent rest and strap the familiar armor to their undead body.) Each makes their way down to the common room of the Tower's Shard for first meal.

In turn, each adventurer is greeted by a herald from the Kingdom of Karrnath. He looks like he has been up the whole night, either running errands or waiting here in the

"Good morn, kind sirs and madams. I am Reginald, House of Milthane. I am to ensure you have a good breakfast and ask that you gather here for Ambassador Milthane, who will be arriving shortly."

GM: Starting the continuation adventure thread here. Everyone please check in (make a post) when you are ready (meaning leveled up) to proceed. If I owe you treasure, I will deposit it to you during the adventure.

Last edited:

Vertexx69

First Post
Assassination 2
Rohna,
Goliath Fighter/Warlord 10
88/88 HP (0THP)
Resist All 1

Rohna steps out of the Shard, all cleaned and polished stretching her armored arms out behind her. "Wow I feel very much like I was knocked off a 30' tower into wet garbage." She makes a couple of swinging arm twists to limber up before the others get outside. She steps up to the herald while they are alone. "So did the ambassador get a chance to speak with House Vadalis yet?" Her customary Mordenkrad is no longer on her person, in its place is an ornate glaive with runes similar to those that ringed the massive hammer. She also sports a customized horned helm and wickedly spurred boots, all matched perfectly to her armor.
[sblock=Combat Actions]Free: Speak
Minor: ...
Move: ...
Standard: ...
Action Point: ...
Gore:
...[/sblock][sblock=Rohna]Rohna—Female Goliath Fighter 10 Resist all 1
Initiative: +5, Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 16
AC: 26, Fort: 22, Reflex: 17, Will: 18 — Speed: 5(6), 9 when mounted
HP: 88/88 (0THP), Bloodied: 44, Surge: 22, Surges left: 13/13;
AP: 1/1, Second Wind: Used, Milestones 0
Powers -
Crushing Surge
Cleave
Practiced Rider
Passing Strike
Disrupting Advance

Rhino Strike
Hydra Charge

Stone's Endurance

Perceive Weakness
Inspiring Word
Villain's Menace

Boundless Endurance
Rain of Steel
Bloody Blades

Vanguard Glaive +2 "Kordestad" (daily, minor)
Flaming Warhammer +1 (daily, free)
Antipathy Gloves (daily, standard)
Summoning Rimefire Plate (at-will, minor)
[sblock=Pals]Olaf—Dire Boar 6
Resist 10 all; HP 85/85 (0THP); Bloodied 42 AC 20; Fortitude 21, Reflex 17, Will 16, Speed 9. Property: Rabid Charger (while mounted by a friendly rider of 6th level or higher; at-will) Mount; After Rohna charges, Olaf makes a gore attack in addition to Rohna's charge attack. Furious Charge; When Olaf charges, his gore deals an extra 5 damage, pushes the target 2 squares, and knocks the target prone on a hit. Death Strike (when reduced to 0 hit points); Olaf makes a gore attack. Powers: Gore (standard; at-will); +11 vs. AC; 2d10 + 4 damage, or 2d10 + 9 damage against a prone target.

Mitra—Vadalis-Bred Griffon 11
Resist 10 all; HP 126/126 (0THP); Bloodied 63, 2/2 HS (31), AC 26; Fortitude 25, Reflex 24, Will 23, Speed 9. Property: Rabid Charger (while mounted by a friendly rider of 7th level or higher; at-will) Mount; After Rohna charges, Mitra makes a claw attack in addition to Rohna's charge attack. Powers: Claws (standard; at-will); +16 vs. AC; 2d6 + 5 damage.

Gretta—Construct 15 (Seed of War)
AC: 28, Fort: 23, Reflex: 19, Will: 18 — Speed: 4
HP: 22/22(0); Bloodied 11
Helps flank, can be attacked. Spend HS to negate dmg to seed warrior. Deal 10 dmg to adjacent foe when ally hits that foe.

[/sblock][/sblock][sblock=OOC]I think Rohna's sheet is now fully updated in the above link.

Damage Summary:
(Total damage if all attacks hit)

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
"I think you would have prefered that to what really happern, Rohna." replies Malehan, who was following her. "Good thing we could rest a bit, I started to get tired."

[SBLOCK=To Players]
@.Players: Anyone who want can use this power for an attack roll of an encounter or daily power.
Divine Guidance (Immediat Interrupt * Close Burst 10)
Target: An ally within 10 squares of you makes an attack roll against your oath of enmity target.
Effect: That ally makes a second attack roll and uses either result.
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Immediate Actions]
@.DM: Also, during the monster turn, Malehan might use one of these interrupt. If more than one trigger is valid at the same time, use the first in list. Please note I might change the Triggering conditions.

Great Hunger Falchion (Immediate Reaction)
Trigger:
1) An enemy adjacent to you scores a critical hit against you.
2) The enemy is not a Minion.
Effect: Roll this weapon’s critical damage dice (including any extra damage from the weapon’s property => +2d8, add +2d4 for each critical rolled during this encounter) and deal that much damage to the triggering enemy.

Belt of Raging Endurance (Immediate Interrupt)
Trigger:
1) An enemy hits you and causes damage.
2) Malehan takes 15 damages or more.
OR Malehan hp are down between 0 and -14
Effect: You gain resist 15 against that attack, but you also take 10 damage at the end of your next turn.
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Malehan's Stats]Malehan
Elf - Avenger - 10
Initiative +10
Passive Insight 20; Passive Perception 32
HP 80/80; THP 0; Bloodied 40; Surge Value 20; Surges Per-Day 9/9
AC 28*; Fortitude 19*; Reflex 23*; Will 23*
* +1 to all defences while bloodied
* +1 item bonus to AC and Reflex when you shift until the end of your next turn.
Speed 7
Action Points: 1

Current Effects: None

Basic Attack: Overwhealming Strike Fullblade +16 vs AC 2d4+11 damage and you shift 1 square and slide the target 1 square into the space you occupied.

Skills: Acrobatics +16, Nature +12, Perception +22, Religion +12, Stealth +16, Thievery +16
Languages: Common, Elven

Powers
[ ]Bond of Pursuit
[ ]Overwhealming Strike

[ ]Elven Accuracy
[ ]Oath of Enmity
[ ]Channel Divinity (Abjure Undead or Close.pngDivine Guidance)
[ ]Takedown Strike
[ ]Centered Flurry of Blow
[ ]Angelic Alacrity
[ ]Sequestering Strike
[ ]No Respite
[ ]Refocus Enmity
[ ]Davros Elden's Defensive Step

[ ]Aspect of Might
[ ]Menacing Presence
[ ]Blade of Repulsion
[ ]Soul Seeker
[ ]River of Life

[ ]Symbol of Scorned Fate [E]
[ ]Belt of Raging Endurance [E]
[ ]Great Hunger Falchion [D]
[ ]Enduring Spirit Vestments [D]
[ ]Cannith Google [D]
[/SBLOCK]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
OOC: [Mention=10]FourMonos[/Mention], I'm almost finished leveling up. You might want to update the Chael's level to 10 in your initial post above. Not sure about the other PCs.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: I will spend 10 out of 12 RP to get 4000 needed for 10th level. Still didn't level up as I was caught up in some overtime work. I will endeavor to finish it ASAP.

EDIT: almost ready...need to write Blade barrier and Reverent mettle into power descriptions, but I'm out of time. Still need to write down exact money exchange, but again, total is correct...

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases