Assassination 2: The Lost Children

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Looking around, the priest considers the place. There is, of course, the chance that tavern patrons may know something, but it seems to him more likely to get some information from people who would talk to caravan people directly.

Insight (1d20+21=27)

Approaching the stable, he talks to the groom, but talks to everyone within hearshot using telepathy as needed if someone cannot hear him in the bustle:
"Good even, good sir. I was wondering if you could provide me with some insight. There was a caravan few days ago on your field yonder. What would you say, who would know where did they went and how fast were they going? In what conditions were they mounts and how much food did they buy?" - Venakhad surreptitiously rolls silver sovereign in his fingers.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
I didn't add +2 for using listed skills so total would be 26? :)

OOC: Is that a house rule? I've never heard of that for a skill challenge. The PCs best suited for a given skill challenge are the ones with high numbers in the listed skills, but I've never heard that they get a bonus for actually using those skills.

Chael goes out to the field to check it out and see if she can determine anything from the condition of the field.

Perception 36, Nature 31

OOC: Isn't that part of this kind of challenge? There is advantage of using "primary" skills, but any other may be used. Maybe I'm just remembering from some previous custom challenge? By Iron Sky maybe? He had some variable rules challenges...

FourMonos

First Post
GM: I've used that before, particularly when I used the Obsidian Rules skill challenge. This time though, just straight rolls.

Velmont

First Post
Malehan doesn't like much to do the talking, so he stay behind and looks at the people. Sometimes, the words told are lies, sometimes, the words are just not spoken, but the language of the body allow sometimes to see through those lies and find more about the unspoken words. He sticks with the group and try to see what people might be hiding.

[SBLOCK=To Players]
@.Players: Anyone who want can use this power for an attack roll of an encounter or daily power.
Divine Guidance (Immediat Interrupt * Close Burst 10)
Target: An ally within 10 squares of you makes an attack roll against your oath of enmity target.
Effect: That ally makes a second attack roll and uses either result.
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Immediate Actions]
@.DM: Also, during the monster turn, Malehan might use one of these interrupt. If more than one trigger is valid at the same time, use the first in list. Please note I might change the Triggering conditions.

Great Hunger Falchion (Immediate Reaction)
Trigger:
1) An enemy adjacent to you scores a critical hit against you.
2) The enemy is not a Minion.
Effect: Roll this weapon’s critical damage dice (including any extra damage from the weapon’s property => +2d8, add +2d4 for each critical rolled during this encounter) and deal that much damage to the triggering enemy.

Belt of Raging Endurance (Immediate Interrupt)
Trigger:
1) An enemy hits you and causes damage.
2) Malehan takes 15 damages or more.
OR Malehan hp are down between 0 and -14
Effect: You gain resist 15 against that attack, but you also take 10 damage at the end of your next turn.
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Malehan's Stats]Malehan
Elf - Avenger - 10
Initiative +10
Passive Insight 20; Passive Perception 32
HP 80/80; THP 0; Bloodied 40; Surge Value 20; Surges Per-Day 9/9
AC 28*; Fortitude 19*; Reflex 23*; Will 23*
* +1 to all defences while bloodied
* +1 item bonus to AC and Reflex when you shift until the end of your next turn.
Speed 7
Action Points: 1

Current Effects: None

Basic Attack: Overwhealming Strike Fullblade +16 vs AC 2d4+11 damage and you shift 1 square and slide the target 1 square into the space you occupied.

Skills: Acrobatics +16, Nature +12, Perception +22, Religion +12, Stealth +16, Thievery +16
Languages: Common, Elven

Powers
[ ]Bond of Pursuit
[ ]Overwhealming Strike

[ ]Elven Accuracy
[ ]Oath of Enmity
[ ]Channel Divinity (Abjure Undead or Close.pngDivine Guidance)
[ ]Takedown Strike
[ ]Centered Flurry of Blow
[ ]Angelic Alacrity
[ ]Sequestering Strike
[ ]No Respite
[ ]Refocus Enmity
[ ]Davros Elden's Defensive Step

[ ]Aspect of Might
[ ]Menacing Presence
[ ]Blade of Repulsion
[ ]Soul Seeker
[ ]River of Life

[ ]Symbol of Scorned Fate [E]
[ ]Belt of Raging Endurance [E]
[ ]Great Hunger Falchion [D]
[ ]Enduring Spirit Vestments [D]
[ ]Cannith Google [D]
[/SBLOCK]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
OOC: Invisible Castle seems to be down. Did the built-in dice roller not get restored yet, or is it here and I'm blind? Well, my diplomacy's at +19 with Words of Friendship. If you FourMonos wouldn't mind rolling it that would be great.

Alexia is all smiles and confidence as she moves through the tavern. She seeks out a couple men who have the look of farmers and engages them in pleasant conversation, touching on topics like the weather, the state of this year's harvest, and oh yes I couldn't help but notice that one of the fields looks all torn up would you happen to know anything about that?

FourMonos

First Post
The "heroes" descend upon the small hamlet like a bunch of ruffians, threatening and intimidating the locals or the half orc passerby's. With shaky fingers, the farmers and crafters point the heroes down the tracks trudged through the fields.

The comely bard is able to ascertain in a much kinder and gentler nature that the wagons rolled through in the night hours. The plump farmer whose fields were ravaged was awoken by his dogs. It seems that the wagons were weighed down by the hulking riders. He'd seen the big humanoids before, as part of mercenary groups during the war or rarely as the brute lifter of construction crews. Ogres! It was much too dark to see if anyone or anything was with the ogres and their two large wagons heading northeast.

"The only thing I know of that is in that direction, young lady, is the King's Forest!"

The group must decide if they are bringing their steeds or leaving them here in the town to be cared for at the tavern stables.

[MENTION=88601]FourMonos[/MENTION]
OOC: one clarification please: is the forest close (say less then half a day riding) or we could actually gain some time by riding quickly on the road and then heading across returning horses with a hireling?

Remove ads