Assassination 2: The Lost Children

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The undead knight stood in a corner of the bar. All night. Watching. Guarding. Which bothered Brews none.

It is there when the messenger comes in. It moves a little in acknowledgement, but nothing more.
OOC: Czern leveled; just need to update the WIki.

FourMonos

First Post
GM: So is everyone ready? I think [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] and [MENTION=91452]rb780nm[/MENTION] are the last two to confirm

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: I am ready. Money tracking is still off, but mechanically everything is done. I may be slow to post until 15th, but if you don't hear from me 24-36 hours after your post FM, NPC Venakhad.

FourMonos

First Post
The group slowly gathers together in the back room of the tavern. Brews makes himself busy by bringing foods, "For your consumption!" He announces cheerily.

The large table in the back is piled with bread, sausage, a local citrus fruit and Brews self proclaimed favorite egg dish. The idea is interesting as much as that Brews doesn't eat, but mixes eggs and milk over a fire until it solidifies. The yellow crumbly food is quite tasty. While he would bring alcohol if requested, Brews initially brings a citrus juice and black coffee.

The herald continues to accompany the adventurers, somewhat anxiously awaiting the arrival of the Ambassador.

While the group did fight valiantly together the previous day, the reality of the situation is that none of them had really met besides spending a few moments together in an adventuring tavern. An uncomfortable silence fills the time uncomfortably.

GM: Thought I would give you guys a chance to RP a bit. If no one bites, I'll move it along :)

Neurotic

"We gathered here under strenuous circumstances, but under watchful eye of Shinning Knight, we prevented diplomatic catastrophe that would lead to new war. We did a good thing yesterday. My name is Venakhad, priest of Dol'Arrah. May the blessings of justice and honor light our path."

Young priest speaks with difficulty, his throat ruined by a savage cut at some point in his life. Still, the voice echoes somewhat in the small space, carrying the strength of his belief.

After waiting for some introductions Kalashtar mindspeaks to each in turn, skipping Chael who expressed dislike of this kind of communication.
"Do you believe we made a mistake in letting the Oni go? In this particular case he may be of assistance as his personal interests are threatened, but evil is evil."

OOC: I think it was Chael, if it wasn't please let me know, I'll correct the post.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Alexia pushes her food around on her plate disinterestedly, "Well, I'm Alexia Madgearu. Normally I'd go into more detail, but I spent yesterday keeping some of you standing. You either pretty much know me already or you aren't ever going to." She then looks directly at Venakhad and replies aloud, "In my experience, matters are a little more complex than you're making them out to be."

Neurotic

"I don't believe that. Things are simple. We either allowed him out because it was convenient and easy for us and we get some help for our task...at the cost of gods only know how much death and suffering of others. Or we don't allow him to leave. Save the same unknown and unknowable throng, but make it harder for the few of us. It's selfish decision really.

And what would you, Alexia Madgearu, do if, for example, that same Oni in a year kills your parents or destroy your home? Would you call this days decision bad then? Keeping people standing in a fight is what we do, you and I, not what we are."

KarinsDad

Adventurer
She then looks directly at Venakhad and replies aloud, "In my experience, matters are a little more complex than you're making them out to be."

"What are you talking about?" Chael asks as she sits down next to Alexia and Dusk crawls under the table, knocking some chairs down, and leaning against Alexia's legs, trapping them against her chair. "It was very odd how frequently I was getting struck at first in that last battle, as if some sort of magic was in play. I hardly got touched in the early fights."
OOC: A reference to 4M rolling out of his butt.

"Dusk, knock that off." Chael says with some exasperation as she pulls Dusk back a bit.

*Dusk, knock that off.*

"Sorry about that Alexia. Dusk likes you and wanted to show you that by cuddling with you." Chael says, a weak smile on her face.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases