D&D 5E [Poll] Do You Like The Direction D&DN Is Heading In?

Now that the major, load bearing mechanics of the core system for D&D Next is pretty much set in

• Absolutely Fantastic

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Pretty Good So Far

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • I'm Ambivalent

Votes: 51 21.6%
  • Not Really A Fan

Votes: 49 20.8%
  • Bloody Awful

Votes: 22 9.3%

• Poll closed .

Bobbum Man

Banned
Banned
Simply that.

Now that the major, load bearing mechanics of the core system for D&D Next is pretty much set in stone, how do you feel about the direction the design has taken?

Ahnehnois

First Post
I've pretty much given up on it at this point.

Seems like a mildly upgraded 4e, nothing that's worth considering relative to what I run now (heavily houseruled 3.X).

FireLance

Legend

Seems like a mildly upgraded 4e, nothing that's worth considering relative to what I run now (heavily houseruled 3.X).
Interestingly enough, I'm not really a fan of it because it seems to me to be a step backward from the balance, transparency, flexibility and innovation of 4e.

WotC really does have its work cut out for it.

GX.Sigma

Adventurer

Interestingly enough, I'm not really a fan of it because it seems to me to be a step backward from the balance, transparency, flexibility and innovation of 4e.

WotC really does have its work cut out for it.
That's weird. I'm a big fan of it, because it seems nothing like 4e: quick, lightweight, able to support multiple playstyles.

JamesonCourage

Adventurer
I said "not really a fan" because it's much, much too simple for me. Also, it has a few goals I don't agree with. And some of their methods seem contradictory. But that doesn't mean I won't like it with enough modules, or a house-ruled version of it. It's just too early to say. As always, play what you like :)

MortalPlague

Adventurer
I've said it before, but my group and I have found D&D Next to be a great game at the table, even at this early stage. We're eight sessions into an excellent campaign, and we're definitely having fun. :)

delericho

Legend
Sort of.

As with 4e, I think they're doing exactly the right thing, but also as with 4e, I suspect the end product will be "not for me".

Which is fine. I have 3.5e which, despite its flaws, is good enough for me. So I'd rather they have a massive success that I don't like, rather than producing exactly the game for me... and lose all but one of their customers. :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases