J.J. Abrams to direct next Star Wars film.

DnD_Dad

First Post
Yep. Now at least with the hobbit out I can enjoy middle earth, and not feel like its going to be reworked in 25 years to make it look prettier or some other nonsense.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
JJA is just a hot topic, I guess he would do a good job but I keep thinking...Bay was a hot topic at one time too and there is a warning in that. Who to get, I guess I am glad I do not have to make the choice.

I kind of more interested in the Writing credits.

Star Trek (2009) Directed by J.J. Abrams --- Writing credits (WGA) Roberto Orci & Alex Kurtzman
Transformers (2007) Directed by Michael Bay --- Writing credits Roberto Orci (screenplay) & Alex Kurtzman (screenplay) John Rogers (story) and Roberto Orci (story) & Alex Kurtzman (story)

FYI: John Rogers use to be a member here, may still be...

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I kind of more interested in the Writing credits.
Transformers (2007) Directed by Michael Bay --- Writing credits Roberto Orci (screenplay) & Alex Kurtzman (screenplay) John Rogers (story) and Roberto Orci (story) & Alex Kurtzman (story)
FYI: John Rogers use to be a member here, may still be...

Yah. He has some interesting credits to his name - "The Core", which, I'm sorry John, wasn't very good. However, he's also got "Leverage" to his credit these days, which is an awesome show. I take this as a sign of growth, and I'm hoping he's had good impact on the story.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
JCM was a good movie, but the problem with it was that the story was felt a bit cliche even though the book itself originated many of the sci-fi elements we are familiar with (if you ignore the cliche elements the screenplay's writer introduced to the script).
-Sent via a cybernetic device.

Orius

Legend
I'm not really a big fan of Kurtzman and Orci's writing, and that last Trek film only strengthed my opinion. However, I've been reading that Lawrence Kasdan is being tapped to write this next Star Wars film, so that seems promising.

sabrinathecat

Explorer
Kurtzman & Orci:an abomination of talentless hacks who have destroyed everything then touched.

Clone Wars movie was good. First 2 seasons of cartoon are pretty good. Then there was season 3, with Katie Lucas having major influence (instead of just writing 1 ep), and it sucked (obligatory biological reference). Season 4 is only slightly better, but still disappointing after seasons 1&2.

Last edited:

Nytmare

David Jose
"Reportedly" in hollywood means "strong rumour". "Reportedly" does not mean "Confirmed". Until Disney and (not or) J.J. Abrams confirm this themselves (through their respective PR usually), then it is just a rumour.

For future reference, both "reportedly" and "rumored" a lot of times means "We asked them, but haven't received an answer." On TOP of that, a lot of times it means "We asked them if they're interested, but everybody's waiting to see what the public reaction is going to be before they say anything official."

I constantly hear producers say things like "We've been talking to Arnold's people." or "George Clooney is being considered for the lead role." and all it means is "We called their agent and left a message, but no one's bothered to call us back, and we're hoping that if we dangle a bunch of big names in front of you, you'll say yes." They use that line on cast, crew, investors, locations, product endorsements; and it works all the time.

sabrinathecat

Explorer
Fair enough.
I find most entertainment "news" to be drek. At best. I think the only thing worse than entertainment "news" is celebrity gossip. And the only thing definitely worse than either is when they are right.

Remove ads