D&D 5E New playtest packet available.

Jeff Carlsen

Adventurer
So far, I like the Barbarian class, though I think the ability names need some work to make them individually distinct. The character creation section is written a little more clearly. Notably, backgrounds are no longer considered optional, but specialties still are.

ZombieRoboNinja

First Post
The barbarian looks fun enough in many ways, but it still feels like a missed opportunity to create a more unique mechanic. (I really liked the idea of building fury points/tokens by getting hit or killing enemies or whatever, and then spending those tokens on Rage or other powers.)

Obryn

Hero
I haven't been playtesting for a while, so I may be missing something that arises during play.

But ... isn't the Barbarian just directly better than the Fighter right now?

-O

Gorgoroth

Banned
Banned
A Hill Dwarf barbarian dual wielding battle axes, aka Dwalin -- is going to be uber.

Just roll well for str + con + dex and you're good to go, AC-wise AND HP-wise. (not to mention damage). a high Str on a dual wielding barb build will just p0wn.

/excited to play

Obryn

Hero
Fighters get maneuvers.
Yeah, I got that, but they're kind of underwhelming so far.

EDIT: This is a hope that the Fighter gets more interesting maneuvers that hopefully don't sack their damage for minor effects, rather than a hope that the Barbarian gets knocked down a few pegs.

-O

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases