New Campain - Help

Melchiah

First Post
Hello

I am to start a new campaign as a DM with a very small group (3 people). It's been very long since last time I had a group to play and I've lost all of my different world settings, and to be honest I need to rekindle my rusty "DMing" skills.

Any suggestions on some settings? They players are newbies in the pen and paper gaming world. Something fun interesting and challenging !
Thank you in advance for your replies! xD

the Jester

Legend
Homebrew your own.

Start with a map of a small area- the pcs' home base and about 50 to 100 miles around them. Seed with adventure sites, hostile civilizations and secret organizations. Start play and let the game do the rest.

Melchiah

First Post
That's what I was thinking as well, my problem is I don't have very good scripting skills :( If you can spare some more scenario pointers I would be grateful.

I used to have a lot of adventure booklets but i lost all of them when I was moving some a couple of years back :(.

Last edited:

Rune

Once A Fool
...I need to rekindle my rusty "DMing" skills.

Homebrew your own.

Start with a map of a small area- the pcs' home base and about 50 to 100 miles around them. Seed with adventure sites, hostile civilizations and secret organizations. Start play and let the game do the rest.

That's what I was thinking as well, my problem is I don't have very good scripting skills

What The Jester said. In addition, the suggestions in this thread are specifically aimed at helping to create and run a campaign with little effort put in. If you're concerned about being rusty, I think you'll find them very helpful.

Since everyone is new, start off with your own setting. Start with a small area and grow the world as needed.

For adventure hooks, what do you know about your players? Do they have classes and a background yet? Using their backstories to get a campaign kicked off is a great way to start.

Melchiah

First Post
Thank you all once again. I am concerned about my skills but that thread Rune posted was exactly what i was looking for. I'm not what i was 10 years ago as a DM ("Nostalgia Crisis").
I tip my hat to you and bid you farewell(for now) and good luck to your adventures!

Samloyal23

Adventurer
What you cannot do, fake. Take a map of a location in the real world, cut it off from the adjacent areas, flip it upside down, and change all of the names. Voila, a new map!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases