Wil Wheaton & Chris Pramas in "Tabletop"!

I've been waiting for this one! Time to tell my FLGS to restock Dragon Age. I think it's pt 1...

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Wil Wheaton's show usually features boardgames -- it's awesome that he's covering an RPG in this episode! It's only a quick look - it's hard to fit an entire RPG into a 30-minute format - but I think they pull it off!

[video=youtube;Y-61i3R5y9Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Y-61i3R5y9Y[/video]

Scrivener of Doom

Adventurer
I really enjoyed that - then again, that's what I say or write after every episode of Tabletop I watch (actually, when I watch most of the Geek & Sundry vids). :)

Leviatham

Explorer
Amazingly enough, it is really fun to watch!

I thought it would be dreary because it's tough to shoot a fun RPG game if the right combination of great adventure, quick pace and right players get together.

They got it pretty much right! :)

dd.stevenson

Super KY
Really dug it.

I noticed that they opted not to use funny voices during this game. Which, is odd on the one hand since they are certainly all capable of it. But not so odd on the other hand in that it undoubtedly makes the experience seem less awkward and more accessible to non-TTRPGers.

The other thing I noticed is that the "off to the side commentaries" fit well with actual play videos. If anyone doing actual play videos has the inclination to do a bit of video editing, they could use this technique to really improve the quality of their products.

Scrivener of Doom

Adventurer
(snip) The other thing I noticed is that the "off to the side commentaries" fit well with actual play videos. If anyone doing actual play videos has the inclination to do a bit of video editing, they could use this technique to really improve the quality of their products.

That's a really good point.

I think that was why I also really enjoyed the Fiasco episode.

Remove ads

Remove ads