The Walking Dead - season 3, episode 9: "The Suicide King" (Spoilers Welcome)

Richards

Legend
Thoughts?

I loved the fact that Baby Judith is sleeping in a mail container with "Li'l Asskicker" written on the side. :)

I'm sure we haven't seen the last of Daryl and Merle. Or of Tyrese's group; hopefully Rick comes to his senses about them.

Johnathan

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Rick has to come to his senses... period.

In RPG terms, the main characters have each leveled up, taking a level in the BadAss prestige class. This allows them to do some impressive stuff - like being able kill a zombie while duck-taped to a chair, and still have the wherewithal to make a shiv out of its ulna afterwards. Unfortunately, the BadAss prestige class requires that you take a major Flaw (like, One-legged (Herschel), Overprotective (Glenn), or Borderline Personality Disorder (Rick)).

Daryl already had a level of BadAss, and the GM just decided to enforce his flaw (Abusive Upbringing). Andrea already had a flaw (Overconfident), and with a Wisdom score of 4, she does not qualify for a level of BadAss.

jasper

Rotten DM
I liked the marathon, it allowed me to catch on some of the shows I missed. Was it me, or were the punks on the wall, during the we trying to leave town scene, all minoirities?

NewJeffCT

First Post
good episode, but I'm still waiting for Michonne to do more than glower. She couldn't say, "Yes, I was friends with Andrea and now she's shacked up with The Governor..."

BTW - the return episode smashed all kinds of rating records, creaming the Grammys, and even beating out non-cable hit shows like Modern Family and Big Bang Theory.

NewJeffCT

First Post
Rick has to come to his senses... period.

In RPG terms, the main characters have each leveled up, taking a level in the BadAss prestige class. This allows them to do some impressive stuff - like being able kill a zombie while duck-taped to a chair, and still have the wherewithal to make a shiv out of its ulna afterwards. Unfortunately, the BadAss prestige class requires that you take a major Flaw (like, One-legged (Herschel), Overprotective (Glenn), or Borderline Personality Disorder (Rick)).

Daryl already had a level of BadAss, and the GM just decided to enforce his flaw (Abusive Upbringing). Andrea already had a flaw (Overconfident), and with a Wisdom score of 4, she does not qualify for a level of BadAss.

Hopefully, Andrea doesn't keep sleeping with each season's villain - Shane last year, now The Governor. I thought when she came out of her shell and became a sharpshooter, she'd get a bit more confident in herself - but, she still seems to go for the bad boys.

good episode, but I'm still waiting for Michonne to do more than glower. She couldn't say, "Yes, I was friends with Andrea and now she's shacked up with The Governor..."

So very true. At this point I feel like Michonne isn't even a character. She's just a walking narrative device used to make the real characters interact with the Governor.

NewJeffCT

First Post
So very true. At this point I feel like Michonne isn't even a character. She's just a walking narrative device used to make the real characters interact with the Governor.

My guess - and, this is only a guess - the producers behind the show knew Michonne was a popular character from the comics, and were anxious to get her on the show. However, now that she's there on the show, they don't know quite what to do with her.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases