Pathfinder 1E Leif's Questing Knights - L10 Pfdr Rpg [OOC 01] [Full]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
What's the Flip Side?

Interesting flaw, DeWar, what advantage would your character gain in recompense for taking on such a flaw?

Scotley

Hero
I had in mind a character with a very neutral attitude for reasons related to the background I have in mind. He's also a Wood elementalist, so a dabble into a level of Druid would be reasonable for him from a magical style and alignment perspective. Since the party coming down with a 'good' view of the world I can certainly adjust his attitude toward good tendencies.

I don't think I can square the obscure fey thing with the background I have built, but I can certainly see the character playing that role for his own safety rather than letting it be known he has an outsider ancestor. The level of Druid fits in with that act as well. His familiar is a cute little song bird too.

As for the traveling around thing, could we be on a quest ala the rod of seven parts? We are seeking the various components of whatever mcguffin the DM deems appropriate. This would require us to travel about researching, exploring, investigating, dungeon delving, tomb raiding etc. I believe such a structure would allow Leif to run a mighty engaging game. Given the pace of play by post even a rod of two or three parts could keep us busy for quite a while. Such a classic quest seems tailor made for a world with a rich history of interesting places, history and various cultures.

Does that sound like a game ya'll would like to play and more importantly that our DM would like to run?

Leif

Adventurer
Starting Gold for 10th Level Characters

PFDR RPG rules are that L10 characters begin with 10,050 gp total value, both magic and mundane. See p. 454 -- the table says it's for NPCs but it works just as well for PCs, and the table has limitationso n the amount of the total gp allowance that can be spent of weapons, protection, etc. The 'magic' categoryis for misc. magic items that don't fit within one of the other categories.

SEE POST #78 ABOVE!

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
I can work with that if you prefer lower levels of magic items in your game, though I think there is a (player) character wealth by level chart. I do not know where it is in the books, but it is in the Core Rulebook section of the PRD under "Gamemastering" , and it lists 62,000 gp.

Leif

Adventurer
I had in mind a character with a very neutral attitude for reasons related to the background I have in mind. He's also a Wood elementalist, so a dabble into a level of Druid would be reasonable for him from a magical style and alignment perspective. Since the party coming down with a 'good' view of the world I can certainly adjust his attitude toward good tendencies.

I don't think I can square the obscure fey thing with the background I have built, but I can certainly see the character playing that role for his own safety rather than letting it be known he has an outsider ancestor. The level of Druid fits in with that act as well. His familiar is a cute little song bird too.

As for the traveling around thing, could we be on a quest ala the rod of seven parts? We are seeking the various components of whatever mcguffin the DM deems appropriate. This would require us to travel about researching, exploring, investigating, dungeon delving, tomb raiding etc. I believe such a structure would allow Leif to run a mighty engaging game. Given the pace of play by post even a rod of two or three parts could keep us busy for quite a while. Such a classic quest seems tailor made for a world with a rich history of interesting places, history and various cultures.

Does that sound like a game y'all [spelling edit by Leif] would like to play and more importantly that our DM would like to run?
That sounds like a GREAT idea, Scotley! Now let me see what I can come up with for such a motley assortment of fellows to be questing toward....

Leif

Adventurer
L10 Starting Gold [Revised]

I can work with that if you prefer lower levels of magic items in your game, though I think there is a (player) character wealth by level chart. I do not know where it is in the books, but it is in the Core Rulebook section of the PRD under "Gamemastering" , and it lists 62,000 gp.
You're absolutely right, Kaodi! That's the table I was looking for! It's on P. 399, and the value for L10 characters is 62,000 gp.

+2 is the highest allowed bonus for a weapon [not including special abilities] at the start of the game, and +3 is the highest allowed bonus for armor/shield [again, at the start of the game and not including special abilities].

Players (L10 characters) are:
1 Scott Dewar (Human Fighter) -- C/G
2 Scotley (Tiefling Wizard)
3 Mowgli (Ero Batzuen, Tiefling Alchemist)
4 Helfdan (Fafhrd/Conan-esque, Ftr/Rngr/Brbrn)
5 Red Knight (Race? Ranger) (butt-kicking, tracking, warrior-type) -- C/G
6 Kaodi ("Healer-y" Witch or Inquisitor)

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
I'm looking at Chaotic Neutral, but in my thinking this is more about him being a "crazy impulsive experimenter/bomber/alchemist" than about keeping any sort of balance between good and evil. If he's with a primarily good party, he'll be leaning toward the "good" side of neutral just because that's what everyone is doing - he goes with the flow. But very impulsive.

He's got the Infusion discover, so his extracts will be useable by others - he just won't have all that many per day. However, as I pointed out before he is perfectly capable of using Cure wands w/out having to resort to UMD. I think between the Ranger and the Alchemist we've probably got it covered, especially if we can get everyone to chip in on a CMW wand for party use.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
I've also been working with the demonic heritage idea for his background, so the elf thing would require quite a bit of adjustment. I love the idea of a quest for various and sundry parts of something - that fits extremely well with alchemists in general and with this fella in particular.

In reference to my post above, I'm willing to do my part for party healing, but am definitely NOT looking to be the "healing machine." It's been remarked a few times that in PF there are plenty of options for healing, so no one person should have to take on that burden.

With the limited number of extracts he's got, my guy could easily burn through every one of them healing up the two fighters in a 10th level game, and then he'd left feeling very "one dimensional" for everything else. Scotley's said his guy's got a penchant for attack spells - I'm looking at more of a utilitarian character, depending on bombs and claws (including poisons) for combat for the most part, and using extracts for buffing and other stuff.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases