Who's more glamourous - movie or music stars?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Well, if you look at actual numbers, more SAG members are seen waiting tables than on a screen of any kind, and most musicians who gig transport their gear in a beat up van worth less than the guitarist's backup guitar.

sabrinathecat

Explorer
Well, if you look at actual numbers, more SAG members are seen waiting tables than on a screen of any kind, and most musicians who gig transport their gear in a beat up van worth less than the guitarist's backup guitar.
Reminds me of something I heard a friend once say. Someone was bitching about paying a band to perform at some event. "Dude, we played for free. You're paying us to bring all the instruments and equipment."

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Gear costs a LOT for almost everyone except the guy who is only a singer. I was just talking to a guy on a guitar board who had to save 18 months to buy a pro-level Carvin 7-string guitar.

My guitars- with only a couple of exceptions- are all over $800, with several over $1500, my amp was @$700, and my pedals range from $60-250+ each.

Imagine paying for all that stuff on your share of a $500 gig with your 5 piece band once a week...

Last edited:

Remove ads