[Trailer] Game of Thrones Season 3

I just got season 2 on DVD, since I don't have HBO and won't pay for it just for one show. I do wish the delay between the end of the season and public release in other formats wasn't so long -- nothing like delayed gratification, I guess.

NewJeffCT

First Post
I just got season 2 on DVD, since I don't have HBO and won't pay for it just for one show. I do wish the delay between the end of the season and public release in other formats wasn't so long -- nothing like delayed gratification, I guess.

Not sure why HBO does it, but I think they traditionally release their DVD collections around a month or two before the next season. I had thought they'd release them in time for Christmas, but I guess I was wrong.

frankthedm

First Post
Not sure why HBO does it, but I think they traditionally release their DVD collections around a month or two before the next season. I had thought they'd release them in time for Christmas, but I guess I was wrong.
They feel their bread and butter is cable subscriptions. Myopically they think long wait times = people encouraged into signing up to add HBO to their cable service. This is the reality... http://theoatmeal.com/comics/game_of_thrones

Last edited:

Dr. NRG

First Post
This show needs to be more brutal. More physically, sexually and emotionally brutal.

For a narrow audience, that is an ideal prescription. For a wider audience, it clearly isn't. Ideally this show will attract the same audience as the NYT bestselling books upon which it's based. More brutality is unlikely to contribute to that effort, IMHO.

NRG

Remove ads