[March] What are you reading?

Richards

Legend
I just finished Ice Station, by Matthew Reilly. It was definitely a thrill-a-minute adventure. I'm now reading another book in that series, Scarecrow, with the same main character, a US Marine Recon leader. There are several other novels by the same author set in the same universe, but so far I'm not missing anything by not having read those. (I picked both books up at a library book sale.)

Johnathan

Dirk Stanley

First Post
Tales of the Dying Earth is a good read. And Vance is still alive as afar as I know.

I'm re-reading The Road by Cormac McCarthy. I also just got H.P. Lovecraft: Tales, which, as soon as I get through this wasteland of cannibals, I will be delving into...

Krug

Newshound
Still doing readings for the Coursera Fantasy and SF course. On HG Well's The Invisible Man and The Island of Dr. Moreau.

Elodan

Adventurer
Going to summarize my February reading and roll into what I'm reading in March. Picked up a bunch of DC's new 52 with my Christmas gift certificates.

I enjoyed these enough to pick up the next volumes:

• Green Lantern (been reading since Johns took over and brought back Hal Jordan; probably my favorite series)
  • Action Comics (good take on the character, fun to see him grown into the Superman role)
  • Superman (not as good as Action as the villain wasn't all that interesting)
  • Aquaman (great reintroduction to the character)
  • Batman & Robin (wasn't sure how the new Robin would be, but this was a great character story)
  • Batman (gave up the bat titles for quite a while and wasn't going to pick it but good reviews convinced me otherwise, a little slow in the middle but overall a very interesting story line)
  • The Flash (miss Wally West but the storyline was compelling)

Will probably pick up the next one depending on reviews:
  • Batgirl (dull villains but Barbara/Batgirl may be worth watching)
  • Green Lantern Corp (decent read but not a huge Guy Gardner fan)
  • Supergirl (book was just average)
  • Superboy (confusing storyline but I like the character)

Not continuing:
  • Nightwing (uninteresting villains and not enough happening)
  • The Savage Hawkman (storyline too confusing and the main character wasn't interesting)

I finished The Conquering Sword of Conan. Great stories make up this conclusion to the collected works of Howard's Conan tales.

Currently readying Liar's Blade by Tim Pratt; the latest Pathfinder tales novel. About 1/3 of the way through and it's been a fun read so far. Also, reading The Snows of Summer, the first book in the Reign of Winter adventure path (good stuff).

Jhaelen

First Post
I continue reading Ars Magica supplements on the side for a change of pace while focusing most of my attention on von Clausewitz's 'Vom Kriege'. Currently, I'm reading 'Apprentices'.

delericho

Legend
Finished "The Fortune of War" by Patrick O'Brian over the weekend, and have started in on "Song of the Serpent" by Hugh Matthews. Next up will be the Nomes trilogy by Pratchett.

The only gamebook on my to-read list for this month is the new Pathfinder Adventure Path, which should arrive very soon.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases