3 weeks till new Who!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Despite it only being 8 eps this year (better than the 5 last year, I guess) I can't wait!

Roland55

First Post
Ah, Dr. Who.

Always enjoyed that.

Being an American, I first noticed it about the time Pertwee was the Doctor. So, I naturally have a bent toward Pertwee and his successor, the impish and unpredictable Tom Baker.

I must admit the last two, Tennant and Smith, are extremely fine. Haven't seen all their episodes -- but have enjoyed the few I've caught.

Hoping the Doctor never fades away.

Janx

Hero
It's on Easter Saturday on BBC1. I haven't the faintest knowledge of BBC America!

BBC America is how agents of the BBC smuggle bootleg product to the colonies long after the "Sell By" date has been reached.

Without it, we have to wait until the SyFy channel manages to snag a copy by recording a re-run from last year on VHS and then hiding it in a shipment of Sweatin to the Oldies.

In short, we Americans, who didn't pay any taxes that fund the BBC have to wait much longer to see a subset of your TV shows on Cable TV.

It's a bummer.

sabrinathecat

Explorer
VHS? Are you still living in the 80s and 90s?
the old show was great. The new show started of OK, became great, then the producer burned out, and turned it over to Moffat, who wrote 6 of the best stories of the first 4 years. Moffat ruined it. Would love to have someone take over from him. Short season already? Good. If Moffat has burned out, maybe someone will take over who will remember what the fan-base is.

Janx

Hero
I'm pretty sure it's playing on BBC America on Saturday, March 30, as well, so no bummer! :)

excellent news then.

[MENTION=89838]sabrinathecat[/MENTION], they say that if you have to explain the joke, then it wasn't that funny. I certainly wasn't serious when I explained the process by which SyFy brings us the not-so latest in Who by means of an antiquated process. I would have thought the Richard Simmons reference would have cleared that up...

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
the old show was great. The new show started of OK, became great, then the producer burned out, and turned it over to Moffat, who wrote 6 of the best stories of the first 4 years. Moffat ruined it. Would love to have someone take over from him. Short season already? Good. If Moffat has burned out, maybe someone will take over who will remember what the fan-base is.

I'm the fan base. A British kid who grew up with the show, who fondly remembers it, and now enjoys the new series immensely. Let's not make that mistake of assuming everyone is you or that your opinion is in some way universal.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases