Pathfinder 1E Leif's Questing Knights, Veluna, Greyhawk - L10 Pfdr Rpg [IC 01] [Full]

Kaodi

Hero
Not much one for formal introductions (or boasting about past deeds), Hraln hangs back from the conversation for a moment. He notices though that while two of the strangers seem eager to speak, one seems more pre-occupied with a spell. So the inquisitor slowly winds his way around to the edge of the crowd to the other side of the room where the man stands. "Expecting trouble?" he asks with a polite smile, "Or just doing a little scouting?"

Scotley

Hero
The tall man smiles at the Inquisitor. His lean face looks almost skeletal as his teeth are bared, but there is humor in his eyes. "Sadly, my life has taught me that trouble may lurk where you least expect it. Always better to study the lay of the land before venturing into unknown territory." His voice is cultured and he sounds educated with no accent. He extends a slim long fingered hand wearing a silver signet ring. "Yurei Cadavere." The bird on his shoulder looks down at you with strangely intelligent eyes.

Kaodi

Hero
The inquisitor extends his own hand to shake Yurei's and smiles warmly. "Hraln. Just Hraln, though in some places they call me 'Hraln of the Road'."

Scotley

Hero
Yurei's grip is firm, but his hand is soft certainly not the hand of a warrior or a laborer. "Well met then Hrlan of the road." He looks wistful for a moment and adds. "I am 'of the road' in a sense too. I have long been moving and I do not complain of the length of the road, for if I were to reach the end of the road what then eh? Better we continue our journey lest our demons catch up to us." The bird warbles in a way that sounds almost like a chortle of laughter. Yurei cocks his head toward the bird and speaks to it. "Yes good Scratch the end awaits us all and I do not depute it, but neither to I seek it." He looks back at Hrlan, "Perhaps we will travel the road together for a bit, for I surmise these Velunan ecclesiastics have an undertaking in mind that requires men who are not afraid to venture down dark and dangerous paths. For I perceive that your comrades are like we three of the forest--the sharp end of the spear as it were."

Kaodi

Hero
It takes a moment for Hraln to parse the meaning of Yurei's last sentence. For if they are spearheads, Hraln is surely a little on the dull side. "Yes, uh, I suppose so," he says. "If you and your friends are anything like mine, together we'd make a small army."

Lou

Explorer
Dontrious

The last member of the group of 5 watches the others, after trying to discern the spell that was cast. As the others greet each other like old friends, Dontrious rises from his seat and offers his hand warmly. "Dontrious, pleased to meet you." The average-height human has rough-cut brown hair and medium brown eyes. He wears a simple copper headband with a small yellow gem on his head, holding back his hair. A red-brown cloak with silver flecks in it covers a breastplate of superb craftmenship. Over his shoulder, he carries a backpack and darkwood longbow. At his waist hangs a longsword with a black pommell in a polished scabbard. Simple pants and leather boots finish the look of a man used to travel and likely combat.

OOC: Spellcraft +18 on what should be a DC 1518-20 (adding +1 for each 10 ft) check to identify the Detect Magic spell cast.

Last edited:

Yttermayn

First Post
Re: Leif's Questing Knights, Veluna, Flanaess, Oerik, Oerth -- Greyhawk, L10 Pathfinder RPG Game -- IC 1 [Game Full]

Having aquired some basic information on each of the newcomers, Sozin directs his attention to anyone else nearby who is not part of one of the two groups.
Ooc: GM, are there any priests or others nearby or observing?

Leif

Adventurer
Lou: Spellcraft DC to identify a spell being cast is 15+spell level, so 16. I see nothing in Pathfinder rules about +1 DC per each 10 feet of distance from the caster. As long as you can see/hear him, you're good to go. There may be a penatly to the check if you can't both see and hear the caster.

Yttermayn: No, you were all shown in by different footmen/butlers, one of whom led each group in and then left.

All: So you've seen three different footmen, plus the two stationed outside the door to this chamber bearing long ranseurs. As the group stands or sits in curiosity, you begin to hear the faint sound of rhythmic chanting coming from somewhere deeper in the temple.

[OOC: Any who speak Oeridian recognize the language of the chant as being an ancient form of that language. The words are a bit hard to follow, and you can't hear them all that clearly yet, but it sems to be something about blessings and trials and grace and adversity.]

[OOC: For any who do not know, the human tongues spoken in the Flanaess are Suel, Baklunish, Oeridian, and Flan. And common, of course, which is a blend of mostly Oeridian and Flan. That last bit about common is not from any Greyhawk publication, that's just me, and any contradiction or similarity to any actual Greyhawk doctrine is purely coincidental. Regardless, my ruling is my ruling.]

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"I wonder where our host is? Perhaps they are waiting to see if we kill each other or toast each other? if the former then back to the drawing board for them?"

Remove ads