Leif's 1E AD&D Game OOC

Leif

Adventurer
The characters are all in a tavern in a small town near the southernmost tip of the County of Urnst. This is a quite wild area, being near the borders of the County of Urnst, Duchy of Urnst, Nyrond, and Nyr Dyv. It is also not far from the northern reaches of Celadon Forest, but Elvish patrols ordinarily get nowhere near this far north. So all in all, this is a backwater right smack in the middle of Greyhawk's civilized kingdoms. The characters have not met each other yet, but all are interested in joining an adventuring expedition, and all of them are presently here in this tavern, which also serves as the nearest inn for a great many miles.

[OOC: Have at it, guys]

OOC thread: Any significant Out-of-Character discussion to go here, please

RG thread: PCs to be posted here

One last attempt to reach the players who have not yet appeared:
[MENTION=3887]Mallus[/MENTION], [MENTION=6670510]wolfattack[/MENTION], [MENTION=3192]howandwhy99[/MENTION]

Last edited:

DM_Wannabe

First Post
Theron walks into the smokey tavern, taking in all of the sights and sounds...the crowd, the smells, even the decor. Theron makes his way to the bar and orders an ale. Speaking to the barkeep, he says, "Have you heard about any adventuring groups looking for someone to join them?"

Leif

Adventurer
The tavern keeper says, "There's always some as needs a hand or two. Just mingle and keep your ears open."

DM_Wannabe

First Post
Theron nods at the barkeep and tosses him a coin to pay for the drink. Turning his back against the bar he gazes around the room not really knowing what he`s looking for, but sure that he`ll know it when he sees it. The one thing Theron is sure of is that he doesn`t want to talk to any shadowy figures who might be sitting alone at the end of the bar ignoring everyone else.

Helfdan

First Post
Leif's 1E AD&D Gamma Game, County of Urnst, IC 1

The door opens and a tall, broad-shouldered man wearing a green cloak over chainmail armor steps in. He takes a moment to let his eyes adjust to the smoky interior of the tavern, as he shakes the dust of the road from his cloak. The yew long bow slung across his back, as well as his raiment, suggest that he is some type of fighting man.

He looks around the common room briefly, as if looking for any known faces, then moves towards the nearest empty table, and summons one of the servers as he takes a seat, stretching his long legs once seated. "Ale, please!" His voice is gruff but friendly enough.

Last edited:

DM_Wannabe

First Post
Spotting the chain mail clad man entering the bar, Theron decides to approach his table. "Hi there, friend. My name's Theron. I'm looking to join a group of adventurers. Mind if I sit down?"

Helfdan

First Post
Leif's 1E AD&D Gamma Game, County of Urnst, IC 1

The man nods. "Go ahead. Got a pitcher of ale on the way." He pulls down his hood to reveal a lean face, still youthful but with a few days' stubble. His hair is dark, his eyes pale green. "Name's Girion Valtar. Adventurers, you say?"

DM_Wannabe

First Post
"Nice to make your acquaintance, Girion." Theron says as he sits down with his mug of ale. "Yes, adventurers...seekers of fortune in daring enterprises...persons who seek power, wealth, or social rank through means both scrupulous and not." Theron offers a knowing wink at his last comment. "I myself am a practitioner of illusionism, and I'd like to assemble a team of like-minded individuals who are skilled martialists. Together our skills should compliment each other to give the group the greatest chance at success...or survival." The young magician chuckles at his last own words. "By the looks of your armor and weapons, you might be just fit the bill. If you're not opposed, I propose we spend a little time getting to know each other, Girion."

Helfdan

First Post
Girion Valtar

Girion's eyes narrow slightly at the sorceror's words, and looks around to see if anyone is listening to their conversation. He takes a pull from his cup before speaking, and keeps his voice low, though still friendly. "One must be careful when discussing business in a place like this, friend... particularly if you speak of wealth, you never know who may later try to wrest it from you." He drinks again. "I do make a living with sword and bow, as you inferred. If there is a task to be done, we could certainly pool our resources."

DM_Wannabe

First Post
"Thanks for the advise, Girion Valtar. Let it be known you're already looking out for me, which is a quality we'll both need if we are to work well together." Theron flashes Girion a friendly smile. "With that being said, I think we should be on the lookout for others who might be interested in joining forces." Theron then takes a quick glance around the tavern.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases