AD&D 2nd reprints, covers revealed

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Not bad. It's kind of a shame that the 3E covers couldn't be remade in a similar fashion. (No front cover portraits to stick in a window on the core books, though.)

It'd be interesting to see how the 2E books do in comparison to the 1E and 3E reprints; for years, it was an article of faith that the 2E fans were outnumbered by fans of the editions that came before and after. The only 2E book I hear people excited about, for instance, is the Monstrous Manual.

Rune

Once A Fool
Not bad. It's kind of a shame that the 3E covers couldn't be remade in a similar fashion. (No front cover portraits to stick in a window on the core books, though.)

It'd be interesting to see how the 2E books do in comparison to the 1E and 3E reprints; for years, it was an article of faith that the 2E fans were outnumbered by fans of the editions that came before and after. The only 2E book I hear people excited about, for instance, is the Monstrous Manual.

If they reprinted the green historical campaign books or the World Builder's Guide for 2e, I'd definitely buy those.

sheadunne

Explorer
I would have preferred the 89 images, but I do like the rest of the cover. I'm going to pass on the 2e books, although I'd probably pick up a few of the complete books if those ever got reprinted.

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
I would also have preferred the 89 versions (inside and out). I found the interior of the revised printing to be particularly bad, especially the drawings. I much preferred the blue inklings and the "feel" of the 89 version.

I like how they used the "window" to cover up the huge error on the revised version's original cover - the fact that the warrior had two left (or was it right?) arms. The DMG and MM covers have the art "busting out" of the window, whereas the PHB has the window covering the badly-drawn warrior.

Remove ads