ZEITGEIST NPC-related questions about paragon tier Zeitgeist

gideonpepys

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
For subplot and planning reasons I'd like to know a bit more about the following, please (if possible):

1) Will Doctor Wolfgang von Recklinghausen be involved post adventure #6?
2) In which adventure will Xambria Meredith be able to find a new body to inhabit?
3) Does Captain Rutger Smith ever return to the AP or are we done with him?
4) How is Ashima Shimtu involved in the story later?

Also, here's a bonus question, to do with both Xambria and Ashima Shimtu. I was thinking about having Shimtu whisper an offer to Xambria to help provide her with a new body. Xambria would then try to take over the host PCs body every now and then to do the devil's will when they are back in Flint. But not knowing what Ashima Shimtu's goals are, it's difficult to imagine what she might have Xambria do.

Any ideas?

1. The doctor is less important than his creation. The Ob would like him because they're interested in Andrei, but I don't have anything planned for him long term. If they get him or not, it doesn't change anything.

2. Robot body in #6, or mind-swap with a villain in #7. Possibly even try to gestalt her way into Kasvarina's mind in #8.

3. He's still a captain, and we might name-drop him for naval fights later, but he's fairly interchangeable with other captains.

4. Adventure 8, the group goes with Kasvarina to speak with Ashima-Shimtu to unlock a part of Kasvarina's memory, about how she and William Miller found the ritual that would incarnate a god into physical form. Ashima-Shimtu's goal was to destroy the god whose power keeps her trapped, and she wanted the Clergy to invoke their own god to bring into battle. Instead they invoked Srasama so they could kill her.

Ashima-Shimtu's plan, in its most basic form, is to get the f*** out of her prison and ensure the Clergy isn't around to capture her again. But she doesn't have much she can offer -- information, a bit of teleportation -- and so she simply tries to offer favors, which have a bit of magical binding that make it more likely they'll eventually be repaid.

Once the Ob open the Axis Seal and muck around in it, the power holding her will be much lessened, and she will start calling in favors. She'll offer to help the party undo what the Ob have done, but in exchange she'll want power and influence, and will want revenge on the Clergy, and the party might have some moral objections to her bringing a volcano to life and annihilating Alais Primos.

gideonpepys

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Fabulous stuff, and very prompt!

So maybe Xambria could take her host to do some nefarious, arcane research in a clergy library? Something spooky, but not very effective or meaningful.

I should add - the idea I have about Xambria and Ashima-Shimtu is that the voice in the player's head now has a voice in her 'head' too. So the ghost possessing him is now possessed. Just struck me as an amusing twist.

My players always enjoyed Rutger Smith so I wondered if we'd be seeing him again.

I was thinking of having the PCs recruit Wolfgang. I think he'd be a great paragon PC. (They wanted him to join the RHC after Dying Skyseer.)

Last edited:

Remove ads