Interest Check

Fiddleback

First Post
As the provider of Board Game News for the front page, I wanted to check to see if anyone was interested in miniature news. In particular, I get lots of news across my desk that deals with what I am going to cal 'Spare Part' companies. Manufacturer's who provide, say, different kinds of hats to stick on your minis or particular shapes and style of arms and things like that. Is that something anyone wants to know about on a regular basis?

pogre

Legend
I'm interested, but honestly, I think most miniature enthusiast - myself included - go to:
Tabletop Gaming News & The Miniatures Page

I believe what you're talking about is not necessarily covered extensively on those sites. If you start posting these it would bring me back to enworld on I moreor less daily basis.

Fiddleback

First Post
Ok, given the response so far, I'll start including a bit more of that info. If I see heavier demand here I'll consider doing it on a daily basis.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'm pretty much using your boardgaming news here as my sole boardgaming news source -- which is an excellent sign!

One effect it is happening on me is that - as one of the set of gamers who doesn't already follow boardgaming news - you've created a new reader of the subject. So while you shouldn't expect people to switch from other sites, there will be some folks who you create an interest in who aren't already exposed to those sites.

Don't let anyone tell you it's a zero-sum game. Just because other sites do something, doesn't mean you shouldn't. And the fact that other sites do something does not mean there's no audience for your work - you're creating a new audience, slowly.

Last edited:

Remove ads