PATHFINDER: Reign of Winter 4th Edition Conversion

Myrhdraak

Explorer
PATHFINDER: Reign of Winter 4th Edition Conversion

So, 4th Edition is dead, at least in the eyes of Wizard of the Coast. Everyone has their views of why this happened. Personally I think the biggest mistake WotC did was to end their cooperation with Paizo. Paizo had delivered some really great adventures paths in the Dungeon Magazines, creating really memorable adventures.
So what should you do, if you as I like the more advanced 4th Edition combat and party interworking? I decided to give it a try to convert the latest Paizo adventure path to 4th Edition. Could the systems interwork? and could the "fluff" of Paizo bring back the magic to 4th Edition? Well we will have to see. If you want to contribute to this work, please do. Any advices, ideas, corrections, contributions, are more than welcome.

As I am only copying the necessary game elements that should be used in the 4th Edition game, I have taken away all the great context, information, and stories which creates the magic of the Paizo product. I therefore strongly advise you to purchase the Paizo products this conversion have been built upon, to run the Reign of Winter campaign. I did!
You can buy them from www.paizo.com online store.

1. People of the North
2. The Snows of Summer (Path #67)
3. The Shackled Hut (Path #68)
4. Maiden, Mother, Crone (Path #69)
5. [URL="https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlyiqcoPx37zjHV2Slnk2qZYE1co"]Reign of Winter Conversion Maps [/URL]

/Myrhdraak

Also read my:
H1-E3: Demon Prince of Undeath Conversion

The Sunless Citadel 4.5 Edition Conversion
Changing the Combat Parameters of 4th Edition (leading to 4.5 Edition)

Last edited:

Myrhdraak

Explorer
Winter Witch Conversion

I have started the work of converting the Winter Witch to 4th Edition [Page 21-22].

As I am only copying the necessary game elements that should be used in the 4th Edition game, I have taken away all the great context, information, and stories which creates the magic of the Paizo product.
I therefore strongly advise you to purchase the Paizo products this conversion have been built upon, to run the Reign of Winter campaign. I did!

1. People of the North Conversion

/Myrhdraak

Also read my: H1-E3: Demon Prince of Undeath Conversion

frandallfarmer

Explorer
Wow! Thanks for doing this.

How many other 4e "mechanics-only" conversion adapters are out there? I'm definitely interested in Skull & Shackles (monsters, traps, etc.) for 4e. I'd buy it up right now if I didn't have to do that conversion work myself...

Myrhdraak

Explorer
Wow! Thanks for doing this.

How many other 4e "mechanics-only" conversion adapters are out there? I'm definitely interested in Skull & Shackles (monsters, traps, etc.) for 4e. I'd buy it up right now if I didn't have to do that conversion work myself...
I have only seen a few pathfinder conversions out there. I think it could be quite exceiting to look at a 4th edition conversion of this great role-playing material.

Scrivener of Doom

Adventurer
[MENTION=6694190]Myrhdraak[/MENTION]: I've followed your conversion work for H1-E3 at the WotC boards so I know you will do a good job of this. Thanks for posting your efforts again. :)

Myrhdraak

Explorer
Winter Witch Conversion

I have finished the Winter Witch conversion to 4th Edition [Page 22-25]. Now I will start looking at the paragon paths.

As I am only copying the necessary game elements that should be used in the 4th Edition game, I have taken away all the great context, information, and stories which creates the magic of the Paizo product.
I therefore strongly advise you to purchase the Paizo products this conversion have been built upon, to run the Reign of Winter campaign. I did!

/Myrhdraak

Myrhdraak

Explorer
Winter Witch Paragon Path

I have added the Winter Witch paragon path [Page 25-26].

/Myrhdraak

Myrhdraak

Explorer
Cold Weather Primer

I have reworked the Pathfinder cold weather rules to fit the 4th Edition rules [Page 14-15]. I have also added a list of paragon paths and epic destinies with ties to winter and snow [Page 30]

/Myrhdraak

Myrhdraak

Explorer
The Snows of Summer
Got some time during Eastern to start the conversion of the first installment of the adventure path - The Snows of Summer. Had to increase the number of enemies on several encounters to better meet the 4th Edition combat setup. This forced me to rewrite many of the creature entries and tactics sections from the original adventure in order to meet the new monsters. I also had to convert 3 monsters that are not described in 4th Edition.

2. The Snows of Summer
/Myrhdraak

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases