PATHFINDER: Reign of Winter 4th Edition Conversion

Myrhdraak

Explorer
MAIDEN, MOTHER, CRONE: D5 Temple of Mestama

In this enctounter I had to create the Witchfire [Page 64-65], but rather than doing fire damage, I made it do a combination of necrotic and radiant damage, in order to work better together with the Will-o'-wisp in 4th Edition. I also converted the bane weapon [Page 47] and the pipes of haunting [Page 48-49] to 4th Edition.

Any volunteers who are interested in helping out with the 4th edition conversion can send me a mail at at myrhdraak@spray.se to learn more.

As I am only copying the necessary game elements that should be used in the 4th Edition game, I have taken away all the great context, information, and stories which creates the magic of the Paizo product. I therefore strongly advise you to purchase the Paizo products this conversion have been built upon, to run the Reign of Winter campaign. I did!
You can buy them from www.paizo.com online store.

1. People of the North
2. The Snows of Summer (Path #67)
3. The Shackled Hut (Path #68)
4. Maiden, Mother, Crone (Path #69)
5. Reign of Winter Conversion Maps

/Myrhdraak

Also read my: H1-E3: Demon Prince of Undeath Conversion

Myrhdraak

Explorer
MAIDEN, MOTHER, CRONE: D6 and D7 Encounter

I converted Encounter D6 and D7 to 4th Edition [Page 42-45]. D6 was most about creating new magic items. So I now have a full set of Quaal's Feather Tokens [Page 53-54], as well as Ghostslayer Weapons [Page 52]. In D7 I actually added the Green Hag in the Monster Appendix section [Page 64-65] as I added some rituals to it. I will look deeper into the added power of the hag covens later. I also converted the Cookbook of Arcane Augmentation [Page 51], which got me thinking on adding metamagic feats to 4th Edition, but rather than using higher spell slots, you could pay in healing surges.

Any volunteers who are interested in helping out with the 4th edition conversion can send me a mail at at myrhdraak@spray.se to learn more.

As I am only copying the necessary game elements that should be used in the 4th Edition game, I have taken away all the great context, information, and stories which creates the magic of the Paizo product. I therefore strongly advise you to purchase the Paizo products this conversion have been built upon, to run the Reign of Winter campaign. I did!

1. People of the North

/Myrhdraak

Myrhdraak

Explorer
MAIDEN, MOTHER, CRONE: D8 and D9 Encounter

I combined the encounter D8 and D9 into one, mainly due to the Night Hag not being enough for a single threat, while the asura more felt like a "godly" solo threat [Page 45-47].The asura was an interesting combination of ettins and dragons when it came to powers [Page 63-64]. Then I also did a quick conversion of the Bottle of Messages [Page 52]. Still have some coven powers to work on.
This finish up the Mother dungeon, only leaving the Crone dungeon left.

1. People of the North

/Myrhdraak

Myrhdraak

Explorer
MAIDEN, MOTHER, CRONE: E1 Encounter

E1 was no big problem converting. However, I did create a new shadow with som healing surge drain ability, which I think fits the greater shadow concept [Page 47-48].

1. People of the North

/Myrhdraak

Myrhdraak

Explorer
MAIDEN, MOTHER, CRONE: E2 Crone's Cauldron

I have converted the E2 encounter [Page 48-49]. I decided to keep the Mishtu as a single opponent by making it a solo monster, rather than two elites [Page 72-73].

1. People of the North

/Myrhdraak

Myrhdraak

Explorer
MAIDEN, MOTHER, CRONE: E3-E8 Conversion

I have been busy with my Fighter Compendium, Wizard Compendium, Cleric Compendium, Paladin Compendium and Rogue Compendium, where I have put together all the powers for each class into one document, to make it easier for my players to compare all the varios powers for each level. They came out great in the end. Wish WotC were selling them! So far I have only done Level 1 to 10. But with my Word Visual Basic script it have gone much faster than anticipated.

Anyhow, now I am back on the Reign of Winter conversion. I have added conversion for encounter E2 to E8 [page 49-55], but I still have some area features and magic item sections left. I have also added Pukwudgie, Hungry Fog and Undead Raven Swarm to the moster list. Just realized I should have added my version of the Ear Seeker as well, but I will do that in next itteration. Starting to see the end of this adventure conversion. Only E9 left now.

1. People of the North

/Myrhdraak

Myrhdraak

Explorer
MAIDEN, MOTHER, CRONE: Age Handling

Maiden, Mother Crone is all about aging, but there are no rules for aging in 4th Edition. I therefore added the Pathfinder aging rules to the People of the North Conversion [Page 43]. I also added Area Features and some magic items to the E4-E8 encounters in Maiden, Mother, Crone [Page 50-56], as well as the Age Resistance ritual [Page 67]. The forlarren in Encounter E4, also needed some update to fit into their description - Nymph's Kiss did not seem to fit. So I did an update of the Forlarren in The Snows of Summer conversion [Page 69-70], giving it some optional powers instead of the Nymph's Kiss

1. People of the North

/Myrhdraak

Myrhdraak

Explorer
MAIDEN, MOTHER, CRONE: E9 The Eon Pit Conversion

So this is the last encounter converted in the Maiden, Mother, Crone adventure [Page 57-58]. I have also added Vsevolod to the NPC gallery [Page 63], and the Svathurim monster [Page 87-88]. The Frost-Thunder hammer that Vsevolod is carrying is on Page 66. The treasure level is a little on the surplus side [see Page 59], but as the next adventure probably is low on magic items in the beginning, I am counting on that it will even out. So this finishes of the Maiden, Mother, Crone conversion. I have some minor things to add, but otherwise it is finished.

I am quite happy with it, and think it might be a quite good 4th Edition adventure to play. I will see when, and if I take on the next installment in the adventure path - The Frozen Star.

1. People of the North

/Myrhdraak

Myrhdraak

Explorer
I am considering using this adventure path as starting adventure for my kids, ten years old. They might not mind its railroading structure. Anybody had and experience with playing it?

Myrhdraak

Explorer
Updated Links

I changed ISP and lost a lot of my free storage space, so some of the previous links in this post will not work any longer. I have therefore updated them below so you can access all the material from a new source..

1. People of the North

Regards,
Myrhdraak

Also read my:
H1-E3: Demon Prince of Undeath Conversion

The Sunless Citadel 4.5 Edition Conversion
Changing the Combat Parameters of 4th Edition (leading to 4.5 Edition)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases