Are you a £10 "Defending the Sea Walls" Kickstarter Backer? How to use your reward!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Are you a £10 "Defending the Sea Walls" Kickstarter Backer? How to use your reward!

Those of you who chose the "Play-By-Poster" level reward in the Rebuilding EN World Kickstarter have access to additional controls over their threads in PbP forums.

Note that all higher rewards will also include these but I haven't processed those people yet - I'm working my way up, one at a time!

Your New Controls

You can:

• Open/Close your own threads
  • Edit/Delete any posts in your own threads

The thread has pretty much become completely "yours" in terms of ownership and control. It may be polite to let folks participating know this.

Opening/Closing Threads

Go to the FIRST post (your post) in the thread. Click on the "Edit Post" link in the bottom right of that post. Then click "Go Advanced".

On that page you have the option to edit a number of things, but most importantly you'll find the ability to toggle the thread open or closed at the bottom of the page.

Editing Posts

Clicking on the Edit Posts link in the bottom right of a post allow you to edit or delete it. This applies to any post in your thread.

Abuse

This tool is just a tool - just like the ability to post is just a tool. It's offered in order to facilitate the playing of PbP games on the messageboards - in other words, to give a GM the ability to smoothly run a game and occasionally do some clever stuff.

It's NOT here to bully other members or "win" arguments with them, any more than any of the other tools available here are. The mods won't look kindly on that sort of behaviour. Remember, just because you can do something doesn't always mean that you should do it.

In general, if you edit or delete a post, you should let the poster know that you did so, and why you did it. It should be for a game-related reason. A note will still appear at the bottom of the post noting that you edited it, and when, and mods will still be able to view the post history in case a dispute arises.

In short - use this tool to make your PbP games better, and have fun!

Which forums does this work in?

This will work in all the PbP forums. In other words:
  • Living 4th Edition
  • Living EN World
  • Living Pathfinder
  • Living Eberron
  • Talking the Talk
  • Playing the Game

Will these features be available to non-Kickstarter backers?

Maybe, at some point, for a price. I don't want to be unfair to those who helped at a time of need, so for now it's a reward for those backers.

What about the Campaign Manager?

It's coming along nicely. You can start using it (indeed, many are).

Last edited:

Remove ads