Comicbookgirl19

Have you heard of comicbookgirl19?

She's got a high energy geeky show on YouTube where she, with her tats and pink hair, talks about comics and genre movies. Granted I am 99% certain it is all highly scripted, produced by committee and she's probably not actually a geek. However, it a fun show, more fun than Sexy Geek Girl on Blip.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
I'm convinced she's fully geek. She has too much enthusiasm to just be a face. I'm totally loving the show.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Oh, man, don't tell me you just went Fake Geek Girl? That's really not a popular stance to take these days.

There are Geek Girls and they are quite real, and most are not dangerous. But the give away for this show is it is way too polished, with overall production value much higher than comparable shows like Nostalgia Chick and Atop the Fourth Wall. It is made in L.A. and I strongly suspect she is just an LA actress. The tats are probably real as it would be too much trouble to fake them. The pink hair may or may not be hers, as again she is from LA and the smog does unusual things to people. But the production values of the show (lighting, editing, camera work, effects) make me think it is a produced shows, which make me think she is an actress.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
You just went from "I think she might be scripted" all the way to paranoia-ville. Besides which being scripted, being an actress, AND being a geek are not mutually exclusive. And being scripted doesn't actually mean anything by itself other than having a script which is just a smart way to do videos, even if it's just a barebones.

I did say I was 99% certain, not 100%. And Hollywood Land is falseness that produces falseness, albeit entertaining falseness. Hell, the Enterprise is made of painted plywood, ligthsabres are plastic poles and digital effects and Keith Richards is a Henson Company muppet. And I also said the Comicbookgirl19 show is fun. To clarify I just don't think it is as sincere as Nostalgia Chick and Atop the Fourth Wall.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
There are Geek Girls and they are quite real, and most are not dangerous. But the give away for this show is it is way too polished, with overall production value much higher than comparable shows like Nostalgia Chick and Atop the Fourth Wall. It is made in L.A. and I strongly suspect she is just an LA actress. The tats are probably real as it would be too much trouble to fake them. The pink hair may or may not be hers, as again she is from LA and the smog does unusual things to people. But the production values of the show (lighting, editing, camera work, effects) make me think it is a produced shows, which make me think she is an actress.

But Felicia Day makes professional, scripted shows in LA, is an actress, and is most definitely a geek. Why shouldn't geeks appear on polished, professional shows?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases