Great movies you might not have heard of.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
The funniest part of DOA: Dead or Alive was that the movie included a volley-ball scene. Just because.
I thought the funniest part was master ninja Ryu inflitrating the bad guy's fortress, in broad daylight, through the front door, in plain sight of everyone, with security guards falling left and right, and then he is surprised when a sliding wall trap captures him. Like, what was he expecting would happen with that approach? :p

Edit: that's the same part, isn't it? He goes to the fortress because he somehow thinks everyone took a day off and went to the volleyball match.

Last edited:

Some I haven't seen mentioned (quick perusal).

Cold Souls - Starring Paul Giamotti as Paul Giamotti - he is doing a Chekov play, and can't get into it so he removes his soul to do better and it doesn't work. He goes back to get it and it has been stolen. He has to track it down. Really great quirky movie.

Undercover Blues - Kathleen Turner, Dennis Quade. Spy couple on maternity leave in New Orleans, and something comes up. Great movie.

Case of Libel - Showtime VHS from the 80s. Daniel J Travanti and Ed Asner in a great courtroom drama.

Water - starring Michael Caine in a great farce. A small British run island struck water (not oil) that could outsell Perrier - really funny.

The Crew - Burt Reynolds, Richard Dreyfuss and Dan Hedaya as retired mobsters in a hilarious movie about the hotel they are living in is about to evict them because it is being bought out.

Blind Fury - 80s - Rutger Haur as a blind swordsman. Good show.

I second Deathtrap, Kung Fu Hustle and Ghost Dog - those were great obscure films.

Remove ads