Great movies you might not have heard of.

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
There are some movies that are listed here that I've heard of that ARE in fact pretty obscure (Jake Speed? Plunkett & Macleane, River's Edge, YEAH!) but The Big Lebowski? Really? Kung Fu Hustle? I dont know guys...

Grehnhewe

First Post
I have only read the last couple pages, but I would like to agree with Nellisir about Winters Bone. Great movie! I also dig on Hogfather...time of the year to watch it is coming up!

A couple of my own: Local Hero, about a Texas oil exec trying to buy an Irish Town. SLC Punks, about punks in Utah in the mid eighties. Green Street Hooligans, about West Ham hooligans...great if you can believe Frodo as a brawler. That's a start anyhow.

Zombie_Babies

First Post
Bubba Ho-Tep Yeah, I said it. Oh, and Ghost Dog is so, so much better than you'd think it'd be. Oh! Leon. It's the original (and, you know, gooder) version of The Professional.

EDIT: Somehow forgot Black Dog!

Mallus

Legend
It warms my heart to see how popular Ghost Dog is in this thread. I don't see many Jim Jarmusch films, but when i do, I prefer Ghost Dog.

Our Man Flint is to Bond movies as Galaxy Quest is to Trek, ie a loving parody that's nearly indistinguishable from its source.

And may the poster who recommended Local Hero live to be a thousand.

Remove ads