Super Hero rpg: checking interest

fireinthedust

Explorer
Anyone up for a Superhero RPG game?

I've been gone a while, but would like to try having a game again. I don't want to run it (so much work going on right now), but I'd like to try a super hero game where people are actually heroes with straight up hero identities. I don't mind more complex characters, but I'd prefer Young Justice to just "we've got powers and also eat people, but I don't have a hero name and I want money". That or Justice League/Avengers level stuff. Heck, even an X-men style group would be okay, just not Thunderbolts/deadpool. I've got enough stress in RL without playing it out IC.

Style: Freedom City, Marvel/Avengers or DC/Justice League would be great for me.

Systems: I can play Mutants & Masterminds (MM1, 2 or DCA (which is MM3)), but I'd recommend the Margeret Weis Marvel game as it's fairly simple and a lot less work for character design. I can try others, but the less crunch for me to worry about, the better.

Anyone interested in such a game?

fireinthedust

Explorer
We need a GM. I'm really hoping to play a straight-forward super hero team. Lots of great games out there, but they're either fantasy or post-apocalyptic (and one detective/lawyer game which is conceptually brilliant but not for me), and don't seem to be about super heroes with the tights and the capes and the genre bits.

tunafish

First Post
Hard 2 find Supers Gms. Few see the versatility of the genre: you can run Supers in any setting. D&D 4E is just superheroes with swords. Supers allows Sci-Fi, Time Travel, High Fantasy, Cyberpunk, Modern, Gumshoe, Steampunk, ect.

Just requires a relentless imagination.

fireinthedust

Explorer
Well, I have posted a vaguely-related thread in Tabletop Gaming, and advised that this thread is here.

How do you lot feel about "Superheroes Unleashed"? Someone's offered to game, though I've never seen the system. He's got a condensed version PDF, and there's a for-sale PDF also.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases