The Walking Dead 3.15 - This Sorrowful Life (spoiler alert)

NewJeffCT

First Post
Forgot to post this on Sunday night, but good overall episode. I can't believe Rick even considered giving Michonne up to the Governor, though at least he had a change of heart after seeing Ghost Lori again.

Sad ending for Merle, who semi-redeemed himself in the end. He'd never be trusted no matter where he went - the prison gang because of Glenn & Maggie, and in Woodbury because of The Governor. Good plan by him to lure all the walkers in with the car, and then take pot shots under cover while the governor's guys fought the walkers. Surprised at how emotional Daryl was upon finding Walker-Merle.

Season finale should be epic - the preview showed one of the Woodbury army with a grenade launcher taking out a prison tower.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Forgot to post this on Sunday night, but good overall episode. I can't believe Rick even considered giving Michonne up to the Governor, though at least he had a change of heart after seeing Ghost Lori again.

I think Rick clued in. "Lori is dead. And however horrible a person she may have been in life, my subconscious has decided to make her the image of her into my Conscience. If I am seeing her, then I'm about to do something Really Bad."

Sad ending for Merle, who semi-redeemed himself in the end. He'd never be trusted no matter where he went - the prison gang because of Glenn & Maggie, and in Woodbury because of The Governor.

Not just that. He's pretty much admitted in the earlier exchange with Rick ("Do you even know why you do what you do? Make the choices you make?") that he is what he is. Whether or not he'd ever be trusted, he wouldn't *change*, and would screw up eventually.

Surprised at how emotional Daryl was upon finding Walker-Merle.

I'm not at all surprised. That's a pretty classic response for an abuse survivor. They have written that aspect of Daryl pretty solidly. I'm actually a little surprised at how quickly he was able to deal with it. Note, interestingly, how he didn't just kill the zombie. He *obliterated* its face, specifically.

Joker

First Post
I'm not at all surprised. That's a pretty classic response for an abuse survivor. They have written that aspect of Daryl pretty solidly. I'm actually a little surprised at how quickly he was able to deal with it. Note, interestingly, how he didn't just kill the zombie. He *obliterated* its face, specifically.

He wasn't abused by Merle though, was he? I thought it was a his father from a bit of conversation between the two a few episodes ago.

The Governor is a complete and utter dick for doing that. He needs to be put down and I have a good bottle of whiskey ready to celebrate when that happens.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
He wasn't abused by Merle though, was he? I thought it was a his father from a bit of conversation between the two a few episodes ago.

Oh, they certainly were both abused by their father, no question. But it seems pretty clear that Daryl was then further emotionally abused by Mearle.

If you need an example - remember Daryl climbing out of the ravine after pulling a crossbow bolt out of his leg. He hallucinates Mearle. While that wasn't Mearle, I submit that it was Daryl's internal image of Mearle, and while he did help get Daryl out of the rough spot, it was pretty clear his methods of motivation were rather far from nice.

The Governor is a complete and utter dick for doing that.

As if he wasn't a complete dick for what he did to Maggie? Or for lying to Andrea many times? Or for what he did to the chopper pilot? He's a complete dick for so many things.

Watch his face in times of stillness - slack-jawed, vacant stare, not unlike a Walker. Now he's biting people's fingers off? Anyone read Max Brooks' World War Z, and remember the quislings?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases