Pathfinder 1E Tome of Horrors 4

GrayLinnorm

Explorer
I got a copy of Frog God Games' The Rana Reader in my email yesterday, which included the following announcement. I'm surprised this hasn't been on EN World yet:

COMING SOON FROM FROG GOD GAMES

Tome of Horrors 4, in full color! Slated for a Gen Con release, this massive tome of never before seen monsters will be done in our characteristic US made, textbook bound hardcover style, but this time in FULL COLOR! Featuring over 300 new monsters from our design team led by Scott Greene and illustrated by Chris McFann, it provides new fiends to terrorize your players with for years to come. We are still waiting on a total page count to establish pricing, but news will be out soon, with pre-orders shipping just after Gencon. Both Swords & Wizardry and Pathfinder versions will be available.

I'm really looking forward to this. Is this the same Tome of Horrors 4 that was announced just before 4e started?

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Ooh, nice. And I agree: Normally, I think you CAN eventually max out on monster needs, but the ToH critters have been exceptionally good -- look how many showed up in the one (alas!) volume of the Year's Best D20.

ggeilman

First Post
Hopefully it will fill in a lot of the monsters from Creature Collections I-III that are missing. I miss my Slitheren and Asaathi!

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I know it's probably a pipe dream, but I really hope that this is full of forgotten monsters from previous editions that are being updated (e.g. those that are already under the OGL and were just overlooked).

Jadeite

Open Gaming Enthusiast
Would those monsters be 'never seen before'?

As for the Creature Collections, I'd prefer a Creature Collection Complete.

ggeilman

First Post
Hard to tell what 'never seen before' will include. Doesn't sound like either. Sounds like Scott has been busy creating new monsters.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases