Pathfinder RPG Tome of Horrors 4 - Page 3

+ Log in or register to post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Demon Lord
    Defender (Lvl 8)

° Ignore Grazzt
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Canuck View Post
    It sounds cool, but with the ToH Complete and three bestiaries I have more monsters than I need.
    No such thing my friend. Can never have too many monsters.
    Scott Greene
    Necromancer Games/Frog God Games
    www.TalesoftheFrogGod.com
    The Creature Catalog

Novice (Lvl 1)

° Ignore ggeilman
    Never can have enough monsters that Scott has anything to do with! Presuming I have any money after all the kickstarters I will be ordering! If not I will get it later when I do. So have they made you a Frog yet?

Gallant (Lvl 3)

° Ignore Jadeite
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazzt View Post
    For the Creature Catalog? For Pathfinder? That would be cool.
    How about announcing Creature Collection Complete?

Member SILVER DEFENDER
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

I Defended The Walls!

° Ignore freyar
    Quote Originally Posted by ggeilman View Post
    Thanks for the link reminder. The only issue with it anymore is that they are not for Pathfinder. Perhaps they could start doing Pathfinder conversions for it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alzrius View Post
    I know; hence why I said "those that are already under the OGL and were just overlooked."
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazzt View Post
    For the Creature Catalog? For Pathfinder? That would be cool.
    It's not 100% clear whether "overlooked" old monsters are covered by the OGL. A long time ago, WotC posted a letter (that I found here on EN World, I think), allowing adventure (and included monster) conversion under the d20 STL and OGL. It is true, however, that some old monsters have been converted since the end of the d20STL under the OGL (not for profit, to my knowledge).

The EN World Creature Catalog, at least as far as I understand, operates under a similar agreement to the one that let Necromancer Games produce the first ToH. We've assumed that that continues, and I assume Grazzt may know more about that. The active CC converters decided when Pathfinder was first announced not to convert critters to Pathfinder. It just seemed more considerate.

Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

° Ignore Thotas
    It needs to have stats for the Giant Mantis Shrimp.

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/mantis_shrimp
    "Knowing is false understanding. Not knowing is blind ignorance."

Avatar artwork: line-work me, colors by Sialia. Thanks!

Spellbinder (Lvl 16)

° Ignore Whizbang Dustyboots
    Quote Originally Posted by Thotas View Post
    It needs to have stats for the Giant Mantis Shrimp.

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/mantis_shrimp
    Yeah, that cartoon totally read like an over the top late 3E Monster Manual critter to me.
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/4e-discussion/213067-unified-theory-gnomes.html

Grandfather of Assassins (Lvl 19)

Blog Entries

° Ignore Stormonu
    I feel like I have finally gorged myself on monster books. Is there a list anywhere what's going to be in ToH4?
    "If it has stats, we can kill it." - T.G. Jackson, intro to 3rd ed Hackmaster

Homebrew 4E material | My campaign world - Amberos

Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

Blog Entries

° Ignore Nellisir
    Quote Originally Posted by freyar View Post
    It's not 100% clear whether "overlooked" old monsters are covered by the OGL. A long time ago, WotC posted a letter (that I found here on EN World, I think), allowing adventure (and included monster) conversion under the d20 STL and OGL. It is true, however, that some old monsters have been converted since the end of the d20STL under the OGL (not for profit, to my knowledge).

The EN World Creature Catalog, at least as far as I understand, operates under a similar agreement to the one that let Necromancer Games produce the first ToH. We've assumed that that continues, and I assume Grazzt may know more about that. The active CC converters decided when Pathfinder was first announced not to convert critters to Pathfinder. It just seemed more considerate.
    I was confused by this as well. Insofar as I knew/know, the only stuff WotC released under the OGL was the SRD, Unearthed Arcana, and the Modern stuff. Earlier editions never fell under the OGL, except ToH1 via special arrangement (which, if older monsters are under the OGL, would not have been necessary). So I'm not clear/wasn't clear how something could be simultaneously "under the OGL" and yet "not updated".
    Secrets of the Shadowend - Notes, scribblings, writings, and memorandum on the Shadowend Campaign Setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Nellisir View Post
    I was confused by this as well. Insofar as I knew/know, the only stuff WotC released under the OGL was the SRD, Unearthed Arcana, and the Modern stuff. Earlier editions never fell under the OGL, except ToH1 via special arrangement (which, if older monsters are under the OGL, would not have been necessary). So I'm not clear/wasn't clear how something could be simultaneously "under the OGL" and yet "not updated".
    Did Pathfinder get the same deal then because it seemed to me that the Bestiary 2 and 3 had monsters that were included in the Tome of Horrors Complete (Pathfinder version)? Examples include the Atomie, Blindheim, and Caryatid Column. I believe some of the repeated monsters originally appeared in the Pathfinder Classic (Monsters) Revisited then were copied over into the Bestiaries but it still seems that Pathfinder took the liberty to create their own versions of these monsters that appeared prior to or in the 3rd WotC edition of D&D.

Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

Blog Entries

° Ignore Nellisir
    Quote Originally Posted by knottyprof View Post
    Did Pathfinder get the same deal then because it seemed to me that the Bestiary 2 and 3 had monsters that were included in the Tome of Horrors Complete (Pathfinder version)? Examples include the Atomie, Blindheim, and Caryatid Column. I believe some of the repeated monsters originally appeared in the Pathfinder Classic (Monsters) Revisited then were copied over into the Bestiaries but it still seems that Pathfinder took the liberty to create their own versions of these monsters that appeared prior to or in the 3rd WotC edition of D&D.
    I don't have the PF Bestiaries, so I can't be sure and wouldn't want to speculate too much. I doubt Paizo made a special arrangement. They might have just gone ahead and done it, or they might have based their version off of the ToH versions.
    Secrets of the Shadowend - Notes, scribblings, writings, and memorandum on the Shadowend Campaign Setting.

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast