Wizard Prestige class with Handle Animal as a class skill?

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
As the title says. Is there ANY full spellcasting Wizard presige class that has Handle Animal as a class skill? It shouldn't be this hard to find, but it really is.

Thanks.

rgard

Adventurer
How about Ruathar? If you aren't into being nice to elves and you can find a cleric domain with handle animal as a skill, you could take Arcane Devotee.

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
How about Ruathar? If you aren't into being nice to elves and you can find a cleric domain with handle animal as a skill, you could take Arcane Devotee.

Ohh... I was considering an Elf for this build, so Ruathar suits it nicely! That's a great start. Thanks!

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
The Zhentarim Skymage from Lords of Darkness has Handle Animal, and it's a kickass class!
I'm not familiar with Lords of Darkness, I'll have to track that book down. Is it 3rd party?

...and you can find a cleric domain with handle animal as a skill, you could take Arcane Devotee.

I read over both the 3.0 & 3.5 versions of Arcane Devotee, and somehow haven't seen the application of Cleric Domains, can you tell me what I'm missing?
Do you mean the Arcane Disciple feat? I don't think that grants you anything beyond the spells.

Celebrim

Legend
I'm not familiar with Lords of Darkness, I'll have to track that book down. Is it 3rd party?

No. The PrC however is a pretty good example of a PrC as they were originally envisioned by Monte - slightly more powerful than a standard class but all the additional abilities are tied directly to membership in a secret order and membership in the PrC and obtain its additional abilities are directly tied to the role playing requirements of the class - namely that you are a loyal servant of the Zhentarim and engaged in doing their nefarious business. As such, if your DM is a stickler for such things, it might not be what you are looking for in flavor however much you are interested in the mechanics.

Empirate

First Post

No, it's just a relatively early Forgotten Realms supplement (gorgeous production values and very interesting villainous stuff, btw, good pickup if you can get your hands on it). Zhentarim Skymages are arcane casters working for the Zhentarim, a villainous mafia/military/cult organisation. They get a pet flying magical beast (Yrthak, Manticore, even Roc are on the list), some bonus spells known (in the form of pickable scrolls), and a few metamagic tricks (like free Enlarge spell, IIRC). Their chassis is also a little bit sturdier than a standard Wizard (better skills, for one). Oh, and full spellcasting progression over 5 levels.

Celebrim said:
No. The PrC however is a pretty good example of a PrC as they were originally envisioned by Monte - slightly more powerful than a standard class but all the additional abilities are tied directly to membership in a secret order and membership in the PrC and obtain its additional abilities are directly tied to the role playing requirements of the class - namely that you are a loyal servant of the Zhentarim and engaged in doing their nefarious business. As such, if your DM is a stickler for such things, it might not be what you are looking for in flavor however much you are interested in the mechanics.

True enough, but since the mechanics are there and mages on wyvernback are kind of cool, maybe the flavor could be altered to suit a different campaign/character.

rgard

Adventurer

I read over both the 3.0 & 3.5 versions of Arcane Devotee, and somehow haven't seen the application of Cleric Domains, can you tell me what I'm missing?
Do you mean the Arcane Disciple feat? I don't think that grants you anything beyond the spells.

No, I'm thinking of the Arcane Devotee. I'm fairly certain you get the domain power from the domain you take. I think the version I'm thinking of is the one from the Players' Guide to Faerun. Just have to find a domain that grants Handle Animal as a class skill. There may not be one. The Animal Domain doesn't have it, but should imho.

Remove ads