Character Sheet Feedback

Libramarian

Adventurer
For tracking resources that are used up one at a time and are then completely replenished (e.g. ammunition, rations--as opposed to resources that are reduced and regained in variable amounts like HP) you could do a "hangman" drawing where you draw one line for each thing. This keeps the marks concentrated in one area so you can erase them all in one go.

e.g. If you had 5 things, you could draw a star, and then erase it when it's replenished.

Jeff Carlsen

Adventurer
For tracking resources that are used up one at a time and are then completely replenished (e.g. ammunition, rations--as opposed to resources that are reduced and regained in variable amounts like HP) you could do a "hangman" drawing where you draw one line for each thing. This keeps the marks concentrated in one area so you can erase them all in one go.

e.g. If you had 5 things, you could draw a star, and then erase it when it's replenished.

That's an interesting idea. There's the challenge of teaching the user how to use it, but it's worth thinking about.

Jeff Carlsen

Adventurer
Release 0.3

This release has a redesigned second page and a focus on increasing white space.

I wasn't happy with the amount of space for equipment and treasure, so I've expanded that section.

With the design team planning to implement bigger feats, I've decided to treat them in the same manner as I do magic items. Namely, have a concise list of feats on the main sheet, and then provide an optional reference sheet, which will be designed when we know what the new feats look like.

Jeff Carlsen

Adventurer
Release 0.4

I've moved on to InDesign! This is just the front page for now. Working this way takes more time, and I want to get feedback at this point.

Some caveats:

• I haven't really worked on the portrait box to incorporate a D&D logo or text saying it's a character sheet.
  • Some of the lines appear to have varying thickness in the PDF, but not when printed.
  • The "Current HP" box extends beyond the pages print margin. I need to find a solution to that.

Please give me any feedback you might have.

MortalPlague

Adventurer
The move to inDesign has definitely prettied up the sheet! The headings look really good, as do all the boxes and buttons. My only big issue is that there isn't much space for erasing / writing HP (if you do that as frequently as I do). But otherwise, the sheet looks very good.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases