Game Console Switch

So in my basement I have a bunch of old game consoles (Atari 2600, Genesis+CD, PSX, PS2) and an old TV (like late 90's). What I'd like to do, in my geek-ery, is to somehow hook up all my consoles and run them to the TV and have it work on some kind of switch. Click to input 1 for PS2, input 2 for Genesis and so on. However, my google-fu is weak and I cannot seem to find a product that does this. Does anyone know of such a device? Would it be possible to make one by visiting my local friendly radio shack?

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
If you go to Amazon (for example) and search for 'video switch box' you'll get lots of different types of A/V splitters.

Orius

Legend
Radio Shack should have a selection of multi-device switches to do exactly what you're suggesting. You won't even have to make anything. Probably something along the lines of a box where you plug in multiple consoles and use a swich to select individual ones. Just go to their website and look through the catalog.

The tricky one though will probably be the Atari, since I think you need those really old switch boxes that screw onto the antenna leads on old (like 30+ years old) TVs.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases