Recruiting More Players for "Legacy of the Silver Dragon" PbP

gambler1650

Explorer
Greetings all. I have been running a slow and leisurely PbP, the beginning of which can be seen here:

OOC: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...lver-Dragon-(Swords-and-Wizardry-Core-4th-Ed)
IC: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?310474-Legacy-of-the-Silver-Dragon-(S-amp-W-4th-ed)

I've been enjoying it, but there's been a bit of a push and pull between the campaign being mostly Dungeon crawls (the original goal) and a bit more open with intrigue and mysteries. As such, I think I want to create two groups in the campaign world. These are the:

Dungeon Delvers (4-5 players)
Whatever Seems Interesting (2-3 players)

Characters will not be required to stay in their initial group, and they may band together (or perhaps even work at cross purposes at some points).

Character generation rules can be found in the OOC thread, but basically are the classes from Swords and Wizardry, 4th edition (not the 'Complete' rules), The basic rules for character generation are in post #2.

If you're interested, post here first and say which group you want to join. I'll note that there's likely only room for one player in the WSI group as we have one Elf, and a Dwarven Cleric. If you're willing to take over a former player's PC, there's a Fighter called Stellan who has been basically NPCed since the start and would be in the WSI group.

We have a Halfling in the Dungeon Delvers group.

One other complication is that we also have a Human Cleric who may not be returning, but if he does I'm not sure which group he will prefer. For now I will fill slots and assume he won't be coming back, but will then let him decide where he wants to go.

If you aren't sure whether you would like this campaign, my basic philosophy is old school. Dice are not fudged. If your character dies, well, it's a decent sized town and there are probably other adventuring types willing to join in (in other words, you can roll up a new character). My combat style is fairly loose. You tell me what you want to do, I tell you when it happens and what happens based on your die rolls (using the S&W combat rules of course). If you read through the two IC threads, you can get an idea of how things have gone previously...

I will hold this open until May 1st, and hopefully the campaign will continue with new players then!

Alkaline13

First Post
Still any openings available? I'm new to pen and paper rpgs, but I'm very interested. Either group would be fine by me, I own the 4e player book and can make a character to join in the adventure

gambler1650

Explorer
Alkaline13, I think if you want to make up a character, feel free to do so. Let me know if you need more information than what I posted in the OOC thread for the character generation rules....

Alkaline13

First Post
Thanks! Looking forward to getting started... I'm new to this hobby, but excited to try something different. Need to work out a PC stat line and a back story!

Alkaline13

First Post
ok, I've rolled my 3d6 and have come up with the following:

11 STR - 11 = 0
13 CON - 13 = +1
16 DEX - 18 = +4
9 INT - 9 = -1
11 WIS - 11 = 0
8 CHA - 10 = 0

so... he's not very bright or good looking. Sounds like someone will need to wear a mask and keep quiet. I haven't decided on a race or class just yet, but I thought I'd see what the group needs at the moment - and some advice as this is my first time playing a game like this. I'm using the 4e book for reference.

I've decided I'm going to play a Halfling Rogue. (+2 DEX, +2 CHA) I can't figure out what my "hit die" would be though so decide my starting HP.

Last edited:

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
so... he's not very bright or good looking. Sounds like someone will need to wear a mask and keep quiet.
:) Remember that 10 is the average for the population at large, so he's an otherwise average fellow with a solid constitution and olympic class dexterity.

I've decided I'm going to play a Halfling Rogue. (+2 DEX, +2 CHA) I can't figure out what my "hit die" would be though so decide my starting HP.
Do note that Gambler allows us to swap two stats with each other at character creation if we want. So you could shift that 18 to another slot if you preferred.

Thieves roll 1d4 for their Hit Points (it's in the stat block on page 14 of the rule book). Then you can roll for your gold and buy your starting equipment.

Re party composition, as Gambler noted above, the Anything Goes party has a dwarven priest of secrets, an elven magic-user/fighter (though so far much more the former than the later ;)) and an NPC'd human fighter (which you can take over if you want to go that way). We are soon to be joined by a human priestess of defenders/fortifications as well, if you're following events in the OOC thread. On the Hack and Slash group (Hack and Loot?), there is so far a Halfling thief -- which could make for some interesting questing and strategizing (two Halfling thieves together, I mean).

Alkaline13

First Post
My 18 DEX is just a result of the bonus from being a Halfling should be nice ducking in and out of shadows and doing flips around traps :cool:

My starting hp is 2+ roll (4/2 = 2) + CON bonus (1) = 5hp

So now I have my race, class, and HP... now I need to come up with the important info like a NAME! haha.

Is it 3*d6 for everyone's gold? or is there something I missed? if that's the case, I rolled (6,4,5)x10 =150gp

Last edited:

gambler1650

Explorer
Alkaline13,

Not sure where you're getting the +2 Dex or +2 Cha. We're using Swords & Wizardry Core Rulebook (4th printing) which doesn't have any additions based on race.

If that changes where you want to place your stats, let me know. It's 3d6 x 10 for gold (as indicated in the rules).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases