[Fantasy/Sci-Fi Novel] My First Book! Available for FREE for a Limited Time!

crossmlk

First Post
Jeff,
If you wouldn't mind can you share a little bit on the strategy behind the free book downloads and how it helped actual sales? Also did you have any ancillary things you did to maximize the free offer? As a publisher I'm curious. Thanks.

JeffCram

First Post
Well, to be honest, there wasn't a ton of strategy behind it. I wanted more folks to be able to read the book, so I thought it was a good way to get it into more hands.

I did see a few extra sales, but I have no way of knowing if that really contributed. I used it to essentially create a little online buzz (facebook, twitter, etc.) for the book, and maybe get a few reviews out of it.

One good thing about amazon is the lists by category for free and paid. For a time, my book was next to Fahrenheit 451 on the lists, so that, I think, helps. It was on the first page of free Sci-Fi/Adventure books, which helped too.

There isn't a lot of hard data to review, I'm afraid. Still, it "feels" like a success, and brought me a few more "likes" on FB. It's an ongoing process, that's for sure.

sabrinathecat

Explorer
I read the book on the plane to NYC and finished it on the way back.

So. My thoughts.

(no flinching--you've read my comments on TV shows and movies, right?)

I enjoyed it. A nice blend of traditional horses & wizards style fantasy with sci-fi interwoven. I'm curious to see where a few more of the origin points come from, and how (if) they'll be explained.
It reminded me in some ways of R.A.Salvatore's Echos of the Forth Magic, but from a completely different tack.

Oh, there was a typo on page 401 of the printed version. "I think these folks have neen through a lot." Yeah, that was my only complaint. And I like to complain.

JeffCram

First Post
Fantastic!

I'm so glad that you enjoyed it. I'm actually working on the second one now, so hopefully it'll only be a few months before you can satisfy (some of ) your curiosity regarding the origins. *evil laugh*

Thanks so much for taking the time to post, and also for pointing out the typo! It's odd, because I think sometimes folks feel sheepish about pointing out things like that, but it's really invaluable (I've gone over the thing more times than I can count, and having more eyes go over it is always a boon!)

Thanks again!

sabrinathecat

Explorer
Plus who knows what the printer got vs the kindle edition.

Oh, I have a degree in technical writing. Guess how many times that has been of use to me professionally? Yup, 0. That's why I work graphics.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases