Descent

the Jester

Legend
I got my girlfriend the board game Descent for her birthday about a month ago and we finally busted it out (along with MajorMoab, who got her an expansion for it :)) and tried it yesterday.

It was very fun!

Very D&D Lite, there's even a dm-analog who runs the monsters and stuff.

The game setup is a little complex- tons of tokens, decks and tiles- but it makes for fun and pretty fast & furious play experience.

I recommend trying it if you get the chance, funny dice and all.

Super Pony

Studded Muffin
The set-up is the hardest bit. Get past that and it's good fun waiting to be had, imo. Large dogs, frisky cats and roving toddlers are the bane of Descent :)

I picked it up so my daughter and I could use the tiles in our D&D game. We might give the rules themselves a go at some point, but not sure it's worth learning. Same story with Heroscape, we bought it for our D&D game and don't know if we'll ever look at the rules that came with it.

Opinions? If you're already playing D&D and happy with it, is there anything special about the rules sets for the boardgames?

Tharian

First Post
I think it's nice to have when your regular group can't make it. I haven't had a chance to really dig into the 2nd edition yet, though, so I'm not sure what to think of that one.

Remove ads