Pathfinder 1E What the heck do Roc eat???

MarkB

Legend
The less serious answers have been very humorous, and the more serious ones have been VERY helpful! I realize that this question has nothing to do with Roc or RPGs but I would like to ask, How do you quote someone on the forum? I am new to Forums in general and I really wish I could quote a few of you! Some of you have put out AMAZING feedback and I want to make sure I can spread your exact words to others! Any help you can offer this forum noob would be once again be greatly appreciated!

Just click on "Reply with Quote" beneath the message you're responding to.

EDIT: That assumes you're using a PC. I think the formatting may be different on, for instance, the ENWorld Android app.

Empirate

First Post
Going back to real world raptors, they're going to go after easier prey by preference. Special prey may result in their developing special tactics- they are smart.

So, returning to Rocs, an adult elephant would probably not be preferential prey, though a youngster would definitely be on the menu. If they had to go after adults, they'd probably drop rocks on 'em to minimize their risks. The successful ones wild, at least.

Making humans in a fantasy world kind of a wildcard for Rocs. Most would just be tasty snacks, small enough to grab and eat like the bag of peanuts the steward gives you on a flight. No special tactics required. But every once in a while, a Roc would encounter something different- adventurers. That's HUGE packets of damage dealing in tiny packages. The birds wouldn't know what the hell was going on, only that their peanuts had suddenly pulled a bazooka on them.

I feel that's the case not only for Rocs, but for most big predators in the world of D&D - just from race and looks, you can rarely estimate how wimpy or powerful a given humanoid will be. "Oh, so this one had Sorcerer levels, and lots of them. I wish Sorcerers had to wear some distinctive headgear...".

I now realize this has happened to my PCs, too...

Gfreak2x9

Explorer
I replied to myself after a few years...

Wow man! Did we just like post every question we ever had, right to this site? To answer your question, The Roc is going to eat what it can, and it will likely hunt the biggest game it can find! If it can't find enough food then simply tell the players that the Roc has moved on to find a more suitable environment!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases