Pathfinder Incarnum

airwalkrr

Adventurer
I am beginning to work on converting Magic of Incarnum to Pathfinder. So far, I have found this thread to be of immense use for ideas. I actually started working on things myself and discovered that [MENTION=29746]paradox42[/MENTION] and I are of like mind on a few things which was cool. Does anyone have any recommendations for sources of inspiration for converting Magic of Incarnum to Pathfinder?

I would like to put my conversions up in the conversion library or the wiki, but since Magic of Incarnum is not open source, I don't know if that will be subject to issues or not. Thoughts?

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
View attachment Incarnate.docx
I spent the afternoon putting this together so you can get an idea of where I am headed with this. Thanks to [MENTION=29746]paradox42[/MENTION] for giving me something to put into levels 6, 12, and 18.

1) I wanted an incarnate's invested essentia in a single souldmeld to be 9 by the time he reached 20th level to be able to at least keep the DCs on par with those of primary spellcasters. So an incarnate (and the totemist as well when I get around to cleaning it up) can invest 4 essentia based on his level and expanded soulmeld capacity goes up to +5. A number of soulmelds will need to be reworked, but most of them will actually be just fine the way they are since many soulmelds were actually fairly weak in 3.5 as it was.

2) I don't like the idea of essentia capacity being based on character level only. I think it should be a minimum of one and the lesser of character level or the number of incarnum feats a character has (although meldshapers would be an exception). So a character with only one incarnum feat could only invest one essentia in a feat regardless of level.

3) I want to flatten the essentia capacity rate to 1/5 levels. It's a bit top-heavy as written. I also just like symmetrical growth patterns.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases