Mouserati & Furrari

Purrsche & Bukatti

Or without changing anything:

Caterham & Jaguar

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
You, sir, are a fount of interesting names. :)

We haven't made an active, official decision, but it seems we have sort of settled on Harrison and Harlequin (or Harry and Harley, for short), regardless.

The excellent quote from yesterday, upon hearing the beasties gamboling up in the Kitten Vortex was my wife's, "What are they doing? Bowling?" It is often surprising how much noise they can make, considering that they weigh all of four and a fraction pounds, added together.

The Elder Statescat continues to improve. In this morning's encounter, he didn't even bother to hiss.

Last edited:

Janx

Hero
In considering pet names, there's a couple of things that we tend to abide by.

1) Generally avoid attaching a name of evil to a pet.

2) No naming after trickster powers/gods, or otherwise after forces of fortune that can turn on you - in a pet (especially a cat) this is asking for trouble. So, no Loki, Coyote, Anansi, "Lucky", Raven, Puck, Eris, and so on.

Pretty good rules.

My current pet is named Athena. She's smart, but hasn't killed me

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
We haven't made an active, official decision, but it seems we have sort of settled on Harrison and Harlequin (or Harry and Harley, for short), regardless.

There's something to be said for seeing which names seem to fit easiest with you as you practice them. I do usually try to keep names sounding fairly different, though, to make it easier for me (and them) to distinguish which one is being called (or scolded) or talked about.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
You, sir, are a fount of interesting names. :)

Thanks! I've had lots of practice: pets, PCs, and just a general love of wordplay.

Sounds good to me! Now...can you get Harlequin to repent?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
There's something to be said for seeing which names seem to fit easiest with you as you practice them.

That's actually the thing we've been doing. When we talk at or about them, we use some of the names we've been considering. The ones we return to most often becomes the winner.

I do usually try to keep names sounding fairly different, though, to make it easier for me (and them) to distinguish which one is being called (or scolded) or talked about.

Well, verbal scolding has very little useful impact, so we try to avoid that. You're right that some effort should be made to pick names the humans and animals can distinguish.

Sounds good to me! Now...can you get Harlequin to repent?

Peh! She's a kitten. Which means all the concern for human issues as a cat (none to speak of), with one-quarter the attention span :p

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases