Pathfinder 1E Razor Coast/Pathfinder Help

Shervyn

First Post
Hi,

So here's the thing, I have not DM'ed in almost 25 years and never a Pathfinder game and my gaming group has never played Pathfinder although most have experienced the OGL rule-set somewhere. I really would love to run at least the first part of the Razor Coast campaign and I since we are all parents of little children want to make it as simple as possible.

Also, since our actual sit down and play time will be limited, I want to advance the story through email and/or text messages allowing for much of the role playing to happen there and the combat to take place when we get together.

I am willing to do most of the heavy lifting and pregen a number of characters. The game calls for starting with level 5. Our party will most probably be 3 PCs.

So I have several questions:

1. Any recommendations on how best to level the PCs so they are not nerfed? Are there good On-line generators?
  2. Because there are only 3 PCs, should they start at a higher level?
  3. Any recommendations on how to handle the email/text component of the roleplaying?
  4. Anything I should have asked but didn't cause I am effectively a newb?

Thanks.

Wycen

Explorer
While I'm familiar with Razor Coast, I don't know the details as far as adventure/campaign statistics, so I can't provide much input there.

If you are worried about only 3 characters, maybe let each of them play 2? You could also encourage them to hire someone like a henchman.

In two groups I have played with we've used Facebook groups, and email for private conversations between players or DM. Facebook groups and email still require players to take the time to read or post things (which is why it didn't work for the 3rd group), but I believe our DM uses it effectively to keep interest in the game going between sessions. He posts about new happenings in town, about research we may or may not have done, and things he might have forgotten to mention or wants to high light.

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Yeah, since Razor Coast just came out, probably only the developers could tell you how best to handle being short on players and the best, balanced way to meet the challenge fairly - no chance anyone else has actually played to measure how best to handle this. If you visit the Paizo message boards, Lou Agresta (the current primary developer of Razor Coast) regularly posts responses to questions like this - start a thread like this one in the Compatible Products from Other Publishers forum, and I am sure Lou will respond!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases