D&D 3E/3.5 Fast Paced Online (MapTools) 3.5 Game. High Action, Open Recruitment

Gomer212

First Post
Welcome to Turmishaar, a high action, completely self-created campaign.

This is a Core (mostly) 3.5 D&D game that uses an extensive collection of house rules to maintain enjoyment and balance among all players. I currently run two groups through this campaign arc and am looking to bring on more. My schedule is quite open, so day and time is to be determined by applying characters. If you post interest here, please include a list of possible availability and I will see what I can work out.

We use MapTools b89 and the built in text chat to play. Characters are created on a 40 point buy system and brought in at level one.

The focus of our game is to recreate a more classic feel of dungeons and dragons. A balanced group of characters face new and unexpected challenges week after week and must work together to survive. Victory in the game comes only from the anticipation of facing a new obstacle and the accomplishment of success alongside friends.

Players of all experience levels are welcome, from first time noobs to seasoned vets. Turmishaar will challenge and intrigue you all while still maintaining balance between characters.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to the Roots of D&D
In keeping with the way the game was originally designed, the campaign is heavy in action. Dungeon crawls are frequent, as are the combats, traps, and hidden goodies. Balanced parties fare the best, having the four classic character concepts; a melee fighter, a heal bot cleric, a skill based rogue, and an arcane caster. Cooperation is the key to success.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Depth and Sustainability
This game has been ongoing for two groups for longer than the past year and is growing every day. A mix of party balanced story quests and status quo side missions ensure the group always has a choice on which way to go. With over 100 fully detailed maps and growing each week, there is always something new to see.
Start to finish player development
This campaign spans the length of 30 levels and about 60 years, nearly an entire human lifespan. Watch your character grow from a pile of stats to a living, breathing entity, an accomplishment unlike any other in dungeons and dragons.

Gain prestige, earn ranks and titles, buy a house, start a family and grow old with them. The possibilities of your character are virtually limitless.
An incredible balance of large groups and speedy play
The campaign setting is designed to comfortably challenge and accommodate a party of up to 8 PCs. Easy to maintain custom macros keep the game going at a steady pace. Full rounds are quickly resolved with a few simple mouse clicks or key strokes. I promise you, this game of 8 PCs moves along as quickly, or usually quicker than most live session or virtual games you have participated in.
No player left behind
I strive to maintain balance in the world of Turmishaar, balance being what I believe to be the key factor in party wide enjoyment of the campaign. Our extensive set of house rules to classes guarantees a place on the battle field for any class. Yes, even the Monk, Ranger, and low level Caster are effective in combat in this campaign.
A commitment
Running and creating this campaign is a full time task. Writing the adventures, creating the maps and maintaining the framework, takes very much devotion, and all this is before running the sessions themselves. As such, I do collect a small fee for my time. For the price of 5 USD (payable through PayPal) for a 4 hour session, you will be part of an exciting and memorable gaming experience. Trust me, you will quickly see where that money goes.
What you get for your 5 dollars
-Free set of custom built macros
Once your character is created, I will create your token for you using an image of your choosing. Your entire character sheet including gear, valuables, description, and daily abilities will be stored on this token and automatically updated by my macros. Your token will contain any macros your character needs to roll checks, make attacks, or cast spells. Once your character is done, you literally have nothing left to do but to log in and play.

-Free PbP between sessions
Can’t get enough of the game? Between live sessions, I leave a thread dedicated to each group to continue the adventure until the group meets again.

-2 Free sessions
The first will feature character and token creation as well as a quick macro tutorial. The second will be your trial by fire, your first major combat, and an introduction to a new world.

-Free character creation tips and support
First time making a character? No problem. I will provide players with my Skype ID and anytime I am on I am available to teach the game and give my advice.

One player plays for free
We use the maptools program, and given my remote location, the game experience is usually greater if we have someone else serve as the dedicated host. If anybody volunteers and can successfully provide us a server, that person plays for free, every week.
Why Text Chat only?
We use text based chat because many players find it to be easier and more comfortable. Many players do not have the necessary devices to communicate verbally, while others prefer the text as an outlet for creative writing. Think of it as sort of an interactive comic book. Let the visual images drive your imagination while you interpret the dialogues however you will.
Why Core Only?
Being that we have a variety of players from rookie to veteran, sticking to the Core rules helps us to maintain balance among all players. It also simplifies the rules and quickens the pace of the game.

Now, this game is not 100% core, mind you, as you will notice in the house rules thread linked above. I frequently approve non-core feats, spells, and prestige classes, though these must all be cleared through me before selection.

Last edited:

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
I must say, while I'd not be available for such a project, you've done quite a good job at presenting yourself. I hope many people have fun joining what you are offering!

Gomer212

First Post
Well, thank you much for the vote of confidence. As I mentioned in the OP, I have much more material, I am just unable to present it currently due to my low number of posts.

(one closer now)

Gomer212

First Post
Status on time slots:
Wednesday and Tuesday night are filled
Saturday Afternoon (12-4): up to 5 openings remain (Wizard taken)
Wednesday Afternoon: up to 6 openings remain
Thursday Evening: Open

Last edited:

PureGoldx58

First Post
As a player/DM I am always on the lookout for interesting ideas especially on the houserule side of the game. Did you have a website or are the screenshots just files that you wanted to post? And are you willing to list the houserules?

I would participate but your schedule conflicts with mine as the only open day is the only day my real life group meets up.

Gomer212

First Post
Yes, I'll see about sending you that information via PM. The screenshots are just stored in my dropbox, but the houserules are kept online on another site's forum.

Gomer212

First Post
Also...

As far as scheduling, nothing is yet set in stone. The dates above reflect the general consensus among those who have already signed up. If there was a time/day you wanted to try the game, let me know. I may be able to work out a group.

Gomer212

First Post
Update on players available by time slot, that Thursday opening is filling quickly.

Wednesday Evening (4-8PM EST): 3 players
Thursday Evening: 5 players
Thursday Night (9PM-1AM EST): 4 players
Friday Afternoon (11AM-3PM EST): 3 players
Friday Evening: 5 players
Saturday Afternoon, Night, or Evening: 2 players

I'll DM for any groups of 6 or more.

Gomer212

First Post
A game will be launching this coming Thursday from 4PM-8PM EST. Still have a couple slots open. If you hurry, I can get you gaming in as little as two days from now.

Working on filling out a Saturday morning-Early Afternoon game. Currently have 5 players interested, and am open to up to 3 more.

Other times and days available.
Wednesday Evening (4-8PM EST): 3 players
Thursday Night (9PM-1AM EST): 4 players
Friday Afternoon (11AM-3PM EST): 3 players

I'll DM for any groups of 6 or more.

As promised earlier, here is a link to the complete set of House Rules we use and some screenshots of the game we play.

http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/showthread.php?16272-Turmishaar-House-Rules

[sblock=Screenshot]
High action, large combats, and fast pacing.
HighAction.jpg

[/sblock]

[sblock=Screenshot]
Huge maps to accommodate for large parties
HugeMaps.jpg

[/sblock]

[sblock=Screenshot]
Unique and memorable boss fights
BossFights.jpg

[/sblock]

[sblock=Screenshot]
Insane combat environments
InsaneEnvironments.jpg

[/sblock]

[sblock=Screenshot]
3-dimensional maps favor the tactical minded party.
3DMaps.jpg

[/sblock]

[sblock=Screenshot]
Enjoy some downtime between adventures in one of Turmishaars many taverns. Gather Information on your current or future quests, or maybe Diplomacy your way into a night with the elf at the next table.
Taverns.jpg

[/sblock]

[sblock=Screenshot]
From small skirmishes…
SmallSkirmishes.jpg

[/sblock]

[sblock=Screenshot]
…to epic siege battles.
MassiveSiegeBattles.jpg

[/sblock]

[sblock=Screenshot]
It’s Dungeons…