So who's playing Neverwinter

You mean Star Trek online? Or were you just speaking figuratively, because Cryptic is not doing Star Wars online and so they'l likely won't be able to copy any code over from there.

But if it happened in STO, it makes sense. Cryptic uses a common software basis for all its games.
Oops. Any way I can blame that on autocorrect?
Fixed now.

Cryptic has opted for a one-day rollback to remove the diamonds generated after the exploit reached critical mass. But this likely doesn't remove the diamonds generated in the weeks prior.
Impossible situation: people were going to leave if they wiped the servers and are still going to leave since they didn't wipe. Hopefully when the game goes live they can merge the beta servers into one affected server and have new unaffected servers for the live game. It'll be interesting to compare prices in the two.

Ed_Laprade

Adventurer
Got a couple more questions. I've accumulated nearly a dozen Nightmare Boxes, which require Enchanted Keys to open, but I've never seen one. Not that I pay much attention to the vendors, except to sell unwanted loot, so is there someone I can buy them from? Another thing. I just got my character up to level 30 and noticed that my wound kits have locked. What's up with that? (Also noticed that minor ID scrolls won't work on any gear higher than level 29, so thought I'd pass that tidbit along to those who are just as unobservant as I am! ;))

Serpine

Explorer
Enchanted keys are a Zen purchase from the zen store (the big Z on the top bar) at 125 zen for 1 or 1125 zen for 10. People can trade them or auction them (at least when the auction house isn't down for post exploit repair) so you can get them that way as well if you don't have the zen. And of course if you have a lot of astral to burn you can use the zen exchange to buy zen from people with astral, then use that zen to get keys. Keep in mind that the stuff in the boxes is random, so a lot of times you get a bad pull (though you always get "Trade Bars" for use at the trade bar merchant). When the auction is up my wife turns a small profit listing stuff from the boxes she doesn't want and using the proceeds to get astral to exchange for zen to get more keys to open more boxes: I find the entire thing a hassle so I just hand my Nightmare Boxes to her for processing. :)

The "Minor Injury Kit" that you start with can't be used by level 30+ characters: You now need to use an "Injury Kit", some of which come in the "Adventurer's Reward" box that you can open every few levels and more of which you can buy from the Potions and Kits vendor near the middle of the open air market building and the consumables vendors in many other locations. That kit will stop working apparently at level 60, but I'm not sure where to get the replacement.

As you noticed items of level 30 start requiring the "Scroll of Identification" rather then "Lesser Scroll of Identification": You can get more scrolls from the astral diamond vendor near the daily quest kobold. Level 60 items will actually require a "Greater Scroll of Identification" which are available from the same vendor.

Side warning now that you are in the 30s: The final boss in the Mad Dragon Dungeon is stupidly difficult (mainly because of its area effect blasts, multi arc attacks, and swarm of ranged controller adds). He will probably end up getting nerfed, but for now if you go for that map without an absolutely awesome team and plan don't hold out much hope of actually finishing off that guy even if you trounce the rest of the dungeon. Your time might be better served skipping it. :)

Ed_Laprade

Adventurer
Thanks once again for your response and advice! Sounds like the Nightmare boxes are going to be too much of a hassle for me to bother with. We'll see. Yep, I figured out the Minor Injury Kit thing not too long after posting. (Mostly by noticing the new, to me, Injury Kits that were now available. :)) I've already run into 'unkillable' monsters in various quests, both Daily Forum and basic storyline. I just quit the adventure and find another to go on. For technical reasons I won't be doing any party stuff, so I get to miss out on them. Which is not Cryptic's fault, of course. Oh yes, a question that has nothing to do with Neverwinter: I can't put spaces between lines when posting here anymore. Did they change something? I notice that no one else seems to have that problem.

Remove ads