Kickstarter Tome of Horrors Complete Miniatures Kickstarter

techno

Explorer
I think this KS has a fundamental problem. The Works is $200 but, unless a significant number of stretch goals are achieved, this is a lot of $ for only 17 miniatures. I believe people, such as myself, are holding back to see how many stretch goals are achieved to determine whether or not $200 is a good deal. This hesitation makes achieving the stretch goals less likely. Kind of a conundrum--do I pledge a lot and hope the value is eventually there or do I hold back and wait to see (which, if everyone did, would result in inadequate stretch goal achievement, a poorer value, and less incentive to pledge at all)? I love the Tome of Horrors and wish them success but the fundamental design of this KS seems flawed or at least less-than-optimal.

Last edited:

Serpine

Explorer
The Works is $200 but, unless a significant number of stretch goals are achieved, this is a lot of $ for only 17 miniatures.
Yeah it has been a frequent subject in the comment thread of the project. However as of now, stretch goals have pushed the $200 tier to 30 miniatures (not counting the pdf and shirt, or the option to replace those with add-on credit). And the $100 tier which is still arguably the better price option (at least until the froghemoth which is the next stretch goal unlocks) is up to 20 miniatures.

In any case, there are undead jesters and vegepygmies now. :)

Dice4Hire

First Post
I am kinda hoping for some sculpts for this one, to help determine value, but none seem to be forthcoming. just concept art. Well, recently a bit of works in progress, but more would be nice.

I agree the 200 price point is hurting them.

Serpine

Explorer
Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases