Looking for group, 3.5/3.75, online.

iwantmyjetpack

First Post
Alright. I'm looking to find a group of online roleplayers, preferably who play by chat system. If you insist on voice chat, i'm willing to do that, but I write better than I talk. I like serious roleplaying, but if said group (serious) has pranksters, all the better.

As for the method of gaming, i'm looking for a chat box system (or something like it), so you can 'speak privately' to other characters if need be. I've done forum posting before, and i'm not too fond of it, if only because the rps I joined were disorganized and every character was trying to hog the spotlight/lead the plot. A lack of organization didn't help either. That said, if your playing over skype or forum posting (and your organized), i'm willing to give it another shot.

Experience: I play 3.5, 3.75, GURPS 3rd, and Battletech. I've played a bit in a battletech rp game, and it was fun while it lasted. I write fiction and read. I read a lot. Fanfiction (10% out there worth dying for), paperbacks (oddly enough, I handle audiobooks better than paperbacks), storys storys storys. I love them.

What i'm looking for: D&D 3.5, online. Battletech on the side. I'm in a Fantasy groove right now, so i'd be more inclined to scratch that itch. I'm hoping for a full gaming system. Character sheets, dice generators, and all. My afternoons/evenings are relatively free. I'm never far from my laptop.

Know a few things first. I cant randomly generate a character. I just cant. The closest I can manage is a half baked idea that I can build on, and I want to stick with a game till the end. I love long games with big plots.

I try to be a tolerant person. If I disagree with someone, I can still work with them. You dont have to see eye to eye to work shoulder to shoulder. However I have issues with elves, particularly self important elves. If someone is trying to pass their tiefling or elf off as a special snowflake, I wont be able to take them seriously. The worse it is... well I dont know how I will handle it. Never been pushed that far before. If your elf or tielfing is convincing and interesting, i'm all for it.

And then there is sex. Sex exists. It happens. And in real life, sometimes occurs near you or to you. Unless it adds to the story, it does not need to be there. That said, if it does, we should handle it as adults. It goes off to its own box or to be co-written elsewhere. I am not against it so long as it is well written and well thought out.

I prefer to be a team player, but i'm currently experimenting with characters than are new to teamwork, and getting a first taste for it.

I live in Washington state, so i'm on Seattle Time.

And finally, my storys flow better than this half baked bit I wrote up in the space of 25 miniuts. Let me know. Also, let me know if there is anything else you want to know about me/my characters/whatnot.

PrometheanVigil

First Post
Alright. I'm looking to find a group of online roleplayers, preferably who play by chat system. If you insist on voice chat, i'm willing to do that, but I write better than I talk. I like serious roleplaying, but if said group (serious) has pranksters, all the better.

As for the method of gaming, i'm looking for a chat box system (or something like it), so you can 'speak privately' to other characters if need be. I've done forum posting before, and i'm not too fond of it, if only because the rps I joined were disorganized and every character was trying to hog the spotlight/lead the plot. A lack of organization didn't help either. That said, if your playing over skype or forum posting (and your organized), i'm willing to give it another shot.

Experience: I play 3.5, 3.75, GURPS 3rd, and Battletech. I've played a bit in a battletech rp game, and it was fun while it lasted. I write fiction and read. I read a lot. Fanfiction (10% out there worth dying for), paperbacks (oddly enough, I handle audiobooks better than paperbacks), storys storys storys. I love them.

What i'm looking for: D&D 3.5, online. Battletech on the side. I'm in a Fantasy groove right now, so i'd be more inclined to scratch that itch. I'm hoping for a full gaming system. Character sheets, dice generators, and all. My afternoons/evenings are relatively free. I'm never far from my laptop.

Know a few things first. I cant randomly generate a character. I just cant. The closest I can manage is a half baked idea that I can build on, and I want to stick with a game till the end. I love long games with big plots.

I try to be a tolerant person. If I disagree with someone, I can still work with them. You dont have to see eye to eye to work shoulder to shoulder. However I have issues with elves, particularly self important elves. If someone is trying to pass their tiefling or elf off as a special snowflake, I wont be able to take them seriously. The worse it is... well I dont know how I will handle it. Never been pushed that far before. If your elf or tielfing is convincing and interesting, i'm all for it.

And then there is sex. Sex exists. It happens. And in real life, sometimes occurs near you or to you. Unless it adds to the story, it does not need to be there. That said, if it does, we should handle it as adults. It goes off to its own box or to be co-written elsewhere. I am not against it so long as it is well written and well thought out.

I prefer to be a team player, but i'm currently experimenting with characters than are new to teamwork, and getting a first taste for it.

I live in Washington state, so i'm on Seattle Time.

And finally, my storys flow better than this half baked bit I wrote up in the space of 25 miniuts. Let me know. Also, let me know if there is anything else you want to know about me/my characters/whatnot.

Check this out (you're on PDT, right?): http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php...eeds-2-3-more-players&p=16770819#post16770819

If not that, a few weeks down the line, I may be doing a Pathfinder game, so check back with me then if you wish.

iwantmyjetpack

First Post
Like i said, i write better than i talk. Webcams is a no-no. Sorry.

Like i said, looking for a story driven game. Loads and loads of characters (Npcs) are welcome.

Dozen

First Post
I do believe I have just the game for you.

However I have issues with elves, particularly self important elves. If someone is trying to pass their tiefling or elf off as a special snowflake, I wont be able to take them seriously

We are synced, aren't we?

Book of Erotic Fantasy is the best book never played;) It can be hard to convince people to use any of the erotic material where I come from, about time I found someone who is willing yet reasonable.

Check out this thread, and tell me what you think.

Last edited:

Remove ads