ZEITGEIST BSI: Bosum Strand Irregulars

skotothalamos

formerly roadtoad
Who is the artist? That is miles better than anything I could whip up.

It was drawn by Elly Beck (who played Summer/Kasvarina in our game and whose art can be found here and is featured on the final page of the third compilation) and colored by our IronPeak player, who is not a professional artist and shall remain anonymous.

Last edited:

skotothalamos

formerly roadtoad
We have officially finished after only 4.5 years (including a 10-month sojourn into Ravenloft)!

Alienor Contessa Soliogn-Stark struck the final blow, destroying Nicodemus with some very accurate shooting (Sneak Attack Crit!) two turns before the spirit of William Miller was to return from the Gyre. Her shot killed ten million, but some judicious use of Wishes brought back some of those who were lost.

Taking a cue from the Ob, the Duchesses crammed in as many planes as they could, leading to this solar system:

Fire: Jiese
Life: Av & Ascetia
Air: Caeloon
Water: Mavisha (with some hitchhikers from Shabboath! oops!)
Earth: Urim & Teykfa
Space: Apet
Time: Reida & Bhoior (a ringed turtle? we're not sure on that yet)
Death: Nem & Amrou

They never landed on Iratha Ket, so it never became an option. One of the better scenes of our Gyre crawl was when they went to Nem and found an ash reproduction of the original RHC Headquarters, which had been vaporized during "The Incident." (When IronPeak threw a train into Sijhen's Gidim portal, causing a backlash of planar energy which killed thousands, including Alienor's son Mort, the player's original PC.) Alienor found the scorched shadow on the road where Mort had died, finally mourned him, and received his pocket watch as the icon of Nem (he was an Eschatologist). They bonded with Amrou by bringing along Sargon of Uggat, whose father was cup-bearer to Ur-Zababa, and helping him raid the Golden Legion treasury.

Amazing game. Thanks to Ryan Nock and EN World for making it all possible. I hope to fill in the massive gaps in the storytelling some day, but today is not that day.

Man, I have so many questions, but I don't want to nag. Mostly I want to know how the PCs all ended up. And, from a game designer's perspective, how well did the final encounter work out? How do you feel your conversion to 5e went? And did you enjoy saying Sargon of Uggat, whose father was the cup-bearer of Ur-Zubaba as much as I enjoyed typing it?

Honestly, if it wouldn't be too much, could you ask your players if they'd be willing to write up, as brief as they'd like, their thoughts on the adventures? I'm sure a lot of their favorite moments will be personal things you added, that I had basically nothing to do with, but I'm desperately curious what sort impression it made on them. I remember the last time, one of the players wrote this - http://yoccu.tumblr.com/post/104973117249/i-wish-i-could-share-all-of-our-weird-dd-stories

Also, swear to God, if this ever gets novelized or turned into a TV series or something, your idea of having Summer be Kasvarina was a masterstroke.

skotothalamos

formerly roadtoad
I can now link them all to this thread and I will ask them if they'd like to write up their thoughts.

Heading to bed now, but I will be back to give you all of my feedback in the next couple of days.

and feel free to "nag." The more you ask, the more I'll remember and want to write. :)

skotothalamos

formerly roadtoad
Holy crap, I'm just now finding the BSM tumblr. Man, I shouldn't be allowed to mainline all these gamer jokes at once. Dicks out for Illuminati is my favorite so far.

I was planning on using that for an alternate re-telling of the tale, but it got ignored for a long time and then just became a pile o memes. :)

Your group is just the best. Give them my thanks.

Man, I've just spent an hour gushing to my local gaming group and showing off Elly's art. I'm pretty sure they think I like your group more than them now.

Last edited:

gideonpepys

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Also, swear to God, if this ever gets novelized or turned into a TV series or something, your idea of having Summer be Kasvarina was a masterstroke.

I wish either or both of those things would happen. The story is long, detailed and rich enough to be worked into an ongoing TV series. Maybe a bit demanding VFX-wise, though, huh? And complicated by rights issues, too, I'm guessing, if the link to D&D was maintained. Oh well. We can dream.

Oh, and yeah: masterstroke!

Well, removing references to D&D-isms is a lot easier than convincing a TV exec to plunk down a few million dollars for a pilot. But I may as well dream big, hm?

skotothalamos

formerly roadtoad
Last edited:

Remove ads