D&D 5E Next Update? And State of D&D In General

Mercurius

Legend
Does it matter? It's going to suck anyway. You know it is. For one thing, it's a D&D movie. For another thing, the script is by the guy who wrote the remake of "Wrath of the Titans." Remember the brilliant plotting, expert pacing, and witty dialogue in that movie? Yeah, me neither.

Well it doesn't have to be Glengarry Glen Ross to be an enjoyable movie. Conan the Barbarian (the original) had its flaws--including a lead who couldn't act--but it remains to this day one of the greatest fantasy movies in cinematic history (not that it has stiff competition).

The key for me is atmosphere. A fantasy movie should feel like a fantasy world, not a LARP convention.

GX.Sigma

Adventurer
Thanks all, sounds very promising. Do I take it that it is relatively possible to run a full campaign now (with a bit of DM Fiat here and there)?
Absolutely. I'm running one right now. You just have to accept that a few things are broken (spell damage, rogue), but they'll be fixed soon enough. Also, a few things are missing (magical research, summoning/reanimation spells), and you can add them back in if you want them.

The only part I'm leery about is the D&D movie....is it being produced by the same folks that did the last two debacles?
Depends who wins the legal battle. If Hasbro gets the rights back, it'll at least have nice visuals (assuming the D&D art team will be involved in the art direction, etc.)

Last edited:

Remove ads