Best Dungeon Magazine Adventure(s)?

Kryndal Levik

First Post
In your opinion, what are the best Dungeon Magazine Adventure(s) that you've run/played? Follow-up question: what are some adventures from Dungeon you've linked together in your campaigns?

(My answer- I really enjoyed Kingdom of the Ghouls in Dungeon #70. Issue #84 was great all around, with "The Harrowing," "The Dying of the Light," and "Dungeon of the Fire Opal.")

ced1106

Explorer
There's a really old one called, "The Spottle Parlor". The PCs basically spend the evening gambling -- featuring a frog. That's almost it! What's fun is that it has three NPCs who are both colorful **and** easy to run. I'd sure like to know why D&D doesn't have more tavern adventures.

Cedric.
aka. Washu! ^O^

Melan

Explorer
SPOILERS!

#1: Deadly Treasure - in the 40s, I believe. It's a horribly hard dungeon crawl in the Tomb of Horrors style. The premise revolves around a wizard, whose tomb is protected by traps made of his own magic items. Nasty. I DMed it thrice and only one party completed it. :)

#2: Asflag's Unintentional Emporium: nice abandoned wizard's tower/house/whatever. I ran two rival parties into it and they ended up killing each other. Great fun.

Nothing in the 3e issues have gripped me so far.

Adlon

Mortality.net
Deadly Treasure, and Mud Sorcerers Tomb. Issue numbers I cant go grab at this time, but the Mud Sorcerers Tomb, is by far one of the best. It's well written, it flows nicely, and requires a GOOD balance of combat, and brain. Its set in a desert atmosphere.

Pig and Camel bring thee woe. Hippo shows the way to go...

There was another, the name of which escapes me at present: it involved a pair of imps, one of which drops a cube of force over a PC/PC's while a floor fastened Decanter of Eldless Water is examined. Can we say Dispel Magic ?? !!
The other imp attempts to flatten the PC's with a Daern's Instant Fortress, a DFA attack. Pesky Imps :)

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
I've linked together in my campaign Depths of Rage (#83) and Eye for an Eye (#82), both of which have worked really nicely.

Mithriltooth

First Post
Im going to second the Mud Sorcerer's Tomb (I also cant recall the Dungeon issue it appeared in).

There was also an oldie by a Grant Boucher, something with an Ancient Frost Giant Lair - Excellent Module though I cant remember the name :( .

New 3E goodies include (by level)....

1)The Raiders Of Galath's Roost (1st level/Dungeon #87) - Skip Williams
2)Gorgoldand's Gauntlet (1st level/Dungeon Magazine CD) - Johnathan Richards
3)Dungeon Of The Fire Opal (3rd level/Dungeon #84) - Johnathan Tweet
4)Tears For Twilight Hollow (7th level/Dungeon #90) - Christopher Perkins/Angel McCoy
5)The Elfwhisper (8th level/Dungeon #90) - J.C. Alvarez
6)Interlopers Of Ruun-Khazai (13th level/Dungeon #92) - David Noonan (excellent Planar adventure)
7)The Harrowing (15th level/Dungon #84) - Monte Cook
8)Glacier Season (15th level/Dungeon #87) - David Eckelberry
9)The Storm Lord's Keep (21st level/Dungeon #93) - James Wyatt (excellent Epic Level)

Last edited:

EricNoah

Adventurer
Tears For Twilight Hollow (7th level/Dungeon #90) --

we spent about 4 months on this one, it was good overall. I removed the weird gizmos (you'll see when you read it) and had to beef it up significantly for a party that was just one level higher (and had 7 members) -- some of the encounters were rather underpowered. But very nice overall!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases