The Trefaldwyn Chronicle - Dark Ages Pathfinder

Dr Simon

Explorer
Gwyneira is probably in no further danger from the cold, but will need a fire and warm food to fully recover. Meanwhile, Daunton studies the bones - mortal remains hold no superstitious awe for the elf, and he does so calmly and dispassionately.

"There is no sign of magic," he says. "A human female, I should think. And look." Using a stick he lifts some strands of long blonde hair that are still attached to the skull.

Kaodi

Hero
Gwyneira is taken aback somewhat by the druidess' lack of response. "Are you not going to say something, Myfwany?" she breathes.

Kaodi

Hero
OOC: [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] ? Perhaps I have made unwarranted assumptions. In addition to her heritage Gwyneira's ability with magic is something she has hidden. So I thought Myfwany would at least be a bit surprised. But you are obviously free to play her as not that surprised, or unperturbed. I was going to suggest a way to proceed with the remains after hearing your response.

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Apologies everyone. I had sort of fallen away from this game, and forgotten a lot of what the characters were and what we were doing. Managing to refocus here, and will try to do better moving forward.)

Myfanwy was indeed silent, looking at the clothes that were now merely damp in her arms. She was no stranger to magic and miracles of course, but this was unexpected from Gwyn. And of course, the spell cast by the other woman was not of the Mysteries of the druids. She was calling on other powers; powers that Myfanwy didn't know.

She offered the clothes back and looked up to meet the other woman's eyes.

"I'm not sure what to say," admitted the druidess quietly."On the one hand, I understand well how such powers can be dangerous if known of by others. On the other...I don't recognize where your magic comes from, and that worries me. This is something I would discuss with you, when and where you feel safe for us to do so. Until then...you should get dressed. We still have this mystery to solve before more lives are lost."

She glances over to Daunton and calls, "We'll be right over!"

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
Gwyneira smiles wanly. That was probably went about as well as could have been expected. Which was not spectacular, but manageable. Quickly teasing some of the water out of the rest of her clothes, she puts them back on and goes heads back to the others with the druid.

"I think I will b-be if we just get a fire going soon," she says, clutching her cloak around her for the scant warmth it offers. "We should give t-these bones a proper burial, but I am unsure of whether we should do it ourselves outside the c-cottage or in the church graveyard with the oversight of the Brother. I might be a bit b-b-biased by the thought of a fire blazing in the cottage hearth."

Shayuri

First Post
"We still haven't learned enough about the woman's child," Myfanwy grumbles, wiping her hands on her skirt as she accompanies Gwyn back. "That feels to me to be the essential thing. This woman's ghost may know more. I...don't think we should set it free yet. We have precious few avenues for investigation here, and burying her remains will close one."

Kaodi

Hero
"Perhaps," she nods. "But I am unsure whether she will be any more for talking now anyway. Her spirit could have said something here. But she led us to the pool. A proper burial is my best guess at what we are supposed to make of that, but it anyone else has a better suggestion I am listening."

Shayuri

First Post
Myfanwy hesitates, then shakes her head.

"I don't," she admits with a sigh. "Though it seems to me that the ghost we need to lay to rest is not the mother, but the son."

She looks at the pool again and frowns.

"Though...that doesn't really make sense does it? A ghost doesn't grow up. A spirit from a slain child is a child until released. At least that's what I've always been taught. There's something else happening here."

The druid looks back at Gwyn. "We need to know about her baby's father. Before we bury her, we must try to get one more answer."

Dr Simon

Explorer
The nearest place to warm up again is "Mad" Megan's cottage, and soon the group is huddled around the meagre fire, the old lady plying Gwyneira with blankets and broth.

"Did you find the answers you were seeking?" she asks. "Did you see Angharad?"

Kaodi

Hero
Gwyneira accepts the old woman's care graciously. "We saw Angharad I believe, yes," she says with a hint of a grimace. "But she did not speak. She led us to a pool of water by a twisted tree and then disappeared below the surface. I had to climb in and recovered a few artifacts from her: a couple of bones with a wisp of hair and a few strands of white cloth. A bit foolish, perhaps, but the silence did not exactly lend itself to discerning the spirit's intent."

The young woman pauses for a moment to draw the blankets more tightly around her tiny frame. "My best guess is to give what he recovered of her a proper burial, though whether outside her cottage or at the church is debatable. But I do not think we are optimistic that that will make this more wicked spirit depart."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases