The Trefaldwyn Chronicle - Dark Ages Pathfinder

Dr Simon

Explorer
Gwyneira looks around. Most of the folk of Dinas Hydd who are abroad this morning spare at least one glance for the group of strangers, although most look away if you meet their gaze. Little chance of going completely un-noticed.

"If you please, m'lady," says the girl in answer to Gwyneira's question. "I would speak with you."

Shayuri

First Post
Myfwany comes forward with a gentle smile.

"Of course we'll speak with you," she says warmly. "Lets go inside and you can tell us what's on your mind."

ghostcat

First Post
Quint sees Gwyneira head off to talk to the girl but pretends not to notice and continues on to the chapel. His intention is to get Brother Breandan or one of the residents to show him where the "zombies" have been seen. Judging by the state of the ground any physical signs would have been obliterated but he may be lucky.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Gwyneira and Myfanwy step inside the girl's hut; she seems slightly relieved that the menfolk haven't folllowed the two women.

"You have to help me," she says, and her tone is more urgent than it was at the door. "There's a monster growing inside me." She rubs her pregnancy bump.

Meanwhile, Quint arrives at the chapel. Brother Breandan opens the door to him, looking slightly dishevelled.

"Ah, Brother Quint," says the monk. "I'd like to apologise to you for last night. You see, I always fix Brother Alwyn a draught to help him sleep, and I think there was some kind of mix up. Anyway so, no harm done, I hope. What is it you were wanting now?"

Shayuri

First Post
Myfwany glances around the hut, looking for anything out of place or incongruous, but trying not to stare or seem more than casually interested. She quickly focuses on the woman.

"Lets have a seat," she suggests in a kindly tone. "Gwyneira and I will need to hear the whole story, from beginning to now, if we're to be of any help to you."

Kaodi

Hero
A brief look of pain and profound sadness crosses Gwyneira's face, but she tries to cover up her emotions as quickly as they came over her. Looking to Myfwany, she nods assent. "That would probably be for the best..."

Dr Simon

Explorer
Inside the hut is sparsely furnished - a bare earth floor covered by rushes, an open hearth with a black cualdron of something broth-like bubbling away on top, a box bed, some simple wooden stools, a basket of unspun wool with a spindle and distaff nearby, and a loom with a half-completed weave stand near the fire.

The girl pulls up a stool, slowly lowering herself onto it, and gestures for the two women to do the same. She relates her tale softly, but in a matter-of-fact tone of voice with little in the way of emotion.

"People think that it is Rhonabwy's," she says, "he who now lies sick in the chantry house. But we haven't, I never.... It is the man from the dreams, with the golden hair and green eyes. He looks fair, but I know that inside he is something worse, it's difficult to explain, but you know how in dreams you just know these things? I think he must be a devil or a creature from Annwfn, so what does that make this?" she asks, rubbing her bump again.

Kaodi

Hero
Gwyneira carefully pulls up a stool and sits down as directed. The look of concern that comes over her face as the young woman relates her story is genuine, but it also hides something deeper. This could quite possibly be her worst fear, realized...

"Not all creatures of Annwfn need be monstrous, dear," she says softly, mismatched eyes downcast. "If the man from the dream did this to you... his purpose may be dark, but that does not mean that his child must grow to be the tool of his will. You are still its mother. With stout hearts to protect you, you could still guide your child down a different path." She slowly clenches her gloved hands as she speaks. "If you must be rid of it, I may be able to find herbs that would help with ending a pregnancy. But that may not be your only choice."

Shayuri

First Post
"Now...just..." Myfwany says to both women. "...lets not jump to conclusions. A dream cannot give you a child. And things of spirit generally cannot either."

She goes to the girl's side and puts a gentle hand on her shoulder. "I'm sure the dreams were very frightening, and there may even be some truth to them, but it seems much more likely to me that Rhonabwy is the culprit. The other possibility is that your dream is covering something else. We're not going to ignore that possibility, but we have some time before the fate of this baby has to be determined once and for all. Lets use that time wisely."

Myf squeezed the girl's shoulder and released her.

"Has anyone else seen this man in their dreams that you know of?"

ghostcat

First Post
"Good morning Brother Breandan. No harm done. I would like to check the places where the so called zombies have been seen. Could you either show me yourself or introduce me to the people who actually saw them?"

Remove ads